Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Tim Ranson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-26          31305

I am a new owner of a (88' or 89') JD650, researching all makes and models of loaders that will fit. My local dealer, was unable to provide this info. What do other owners have?Will I have conflict between the undercarriage of the loader and my belly mower?Any other info is appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-27          31320

Tim, in most cases you will find that the 'factory' loader will cause the least interference with other 'factory' items such as your belly-mount mower deck. While this is not to say that some after-market manufacturers don't do an excellent job of being compatible. Usually however, you will find that a loader (or almost anything else) that is 'universal fit' will not necesarily fit everything WELL, there is always a compromise of something. I would suggest that you search all the dealers (regardless of brands sold) you can find, I have often found 'treasures' because I stop at every dealer I come to in my travels. It may be that either a dealer took a unit on trade-in and the purchaser did not want the loader, or a written-off unit was bought for salvage and has a good loader available. I have seen several instances where tractors burnt up, a but the loader was not attached at the time, the insurance company pays the claim and takes loader away with the burnt unit. Check all the tractor wrecking yards also, and don't forget to search for the Japanese equivalent models, paint is cheap. Best of luck. ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Tim Ranson

2001-08-27          31342

Where could I find what JD model fit the 650? I appreciate your other input. I really don't know what to look for in the older machinery. Thanks. Tim ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Bernie Galgoci

2001-08-28          31363

Tim: Last year at my local Deere dealer I picked up a "Product Information Handbook" entitled "4000 Series Tractors vs Competition." (When I was over at the dealer's place the other day, I noticed a few copies of the handbook sitting around, so hopefully you should still be able to find one at a dealer near you.) In the back of the handbook there is a section that deals with JD compact utility tractors no longer in production and includes compatibility charts for these tractors with then current (July 2000) and non-current JD attachments. The chart states that the JD60 loader (non-current) is the only current or non-current JD loader that fits the JD650 tractor. ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Bryan Hockensmith

2001-08-28          31366

Tim,

I too have a 650, and love it. Somebody emailed me about this recently, it may have been you? What I found when searching for a FEL was that Great Bend and Bush Hog couldn't guarantee a fit w/ the belly mower. Kelley thought their loader would fit, but couldn't guarantee it. I was told there's a company called SMC that makes a loader to fit a 650 w/ belly mower, but I don't know anything about their loaders.

Like Murf suggests, searching dealers & scrap yards might pan out, but it's a long process...I tried it and wasn't successful. You may find that an aftermarket loader will fit w/ minor modification to the mounting hardware, via your local welding shop. Have you considered scrapping the belly mower for a rear mount, that way an aftermarket FEL would fit? I'm heading in that direction b/c removing the mower whenever I cut my field w/ the bush hog is a pain in #@!.

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

-Bryan ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
eadaniels

2001-11-13          33178

The model 60 JD loader fits the 650,655 & 670 tractors. I have a 655 and love it. It is quick tach and does not interfere with my JD front blade, snothrower or belly mower. I bought the loader new about 4 years ago from a dealer in western Michigan. I had called dealers all over the state and they all told me it was no longer in the book. Conley Equipment in Plainwell was the first dealer to take the initiative to call the factory and discovered they still had some in the warehouse. As I remember, it cost me about $2700 out the door including the mounting brackets. It was a pretty simple one time bolt on attachment. Then it's a quick tach after that. A couple years ago I sent another guy over there and they were still able to get one for him. I would be interested in knowing if they are still available. ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-11-14          33196

Thre Kelley loader is compatible with the JD belley mower. I'm giving a 20% discount on Kelley products. Contact me at sheaftractor@coiinc.com or 815-284-3226 for more info. ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
John Mc

2001-11-14          33198

If you can't find a loader to fit, make one. Try the CAD Plans site for some of their plans and kits at the link noted here. I haven't seen their loader, but I have seen a couple of their back hoes... They seemed pretty tough units for the $$.

John

Link:   

Click Here

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Art White

2001-11-14          33203

SMC loaders are built in MN. Phone number is 320-395-2541. There original company was Schwartz, they build truck racks, loaders,backhoes,and many more types of implements. ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Blair

2002-01-17          34622

I have two 650 tractors each with a loader (JD Loader). I will sell one loader. Please make offers. ....

Loader Inquiry

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-01-17          34624

Tim, I have a JD650 4x4 (without loader). My machine is from around 1983. I have the original product literature and it states that the JD650 and JD750 take a number 67 loader. The loader can lift 400 lbs on the JD650 and it can lift 700 lbs on the JD750. I have called and searched for several years and have never been able to find one. But, you never know when you'll be in the right place at the right time. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login