Go Bottom Go Bottom

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos
Derek
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-27          2039

I've been shopping and have narrowed it down to a JD 4300 or a New Holland TC33. Am definitely leaning toward the Deere but it's more money, $17,200 w/ bucket and reverse sync tranny vs. $16,500 on the NH (including $1,200 in freight). With the New Holland it would be worth my while to buy from Ritchie Tractors in Tennessee and ship to Washington State. Does the same scenario play out with Deere dealers? Are there Deere dealers that can beat everyone else's prices to the point that it is worth paying freight to buy it from them? Also, how come there are no tractor brokers like there is with cars and/or internet buying services? Anyways, your thoughts or comments on how to get the best pricing would be appreciated and I am not shy about getting service at a dealer that did not sell me the machine. BTW, I can get a Mitsubishi Cub Cadet 1760 (26hp) for a couple of grand less, any thoughts on how this would stack up against the Deere and NH machines of 33 hp?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos
Walter

1999-03-28          2097

we sell both the Cadet and the New Holland The Cadet is a very good tractorand if you can buy it close to home for less then i say go for it . Dealers do not like doing warrenty for something they didnt sell especially since they got under cut on price. WE wont warrenty something sold by another dealer especially if we get beton price. There is more to a deal than the price ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-03-28          2101

Do you mean to say that if I buy a tractor and move to a different town during the warrenty period my warranty is worthless? I thought the warranty is with Deere, or MTD or New Holland, not the local dealer, am I mistaken? ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-03-28          2103

Derek, You better try to find out where Walter's dealership is located and not go there. You can tell from the attitude of his post that all he is concerned about is the price he gets for the tractor, but the buyer is only supossed to be only interested in creating a lasting relationship with his dealership. Haven't these tractor dealers learned anything from the guy from Arkanas, Sam something, I forget the last name, you stack merchandise to the ceiling, price it right and blow it out the door. It seems maybe Richie in Tenn and Carver in NC may already know this. The dealers with attitudes like Walter's are only heading for the big going "out of business" sale. One day he is going realise the consumer has every right to be concerned with price. I think is this respect we may be a little smarter than our elders were ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-03-28          2105

sounds like someone wants to lose their deere franchise. ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos
TWM

1999-03-28          2106

I worked for a John Deere dealer for a long time and never once did we not do warrenty work on any Deere product no matter who sold it! I'm willing to bet if the parent companies of NH and Cub knew you made statements like this or were not doing warrenty work on stuff you didn't sell, your franchises would be gone. ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-03-28          2108

If anyone knows email addresses for NH and or CUB PLEASE send those company'sa paste of dear old "ought to be unemployed Walter's" message and a link toit Thank You ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-03-28          2109

Have to wonder why a Cadet and New Holland dealer like Walter would have an e-mail address like "greenimpl@creative-net.net". Could this be a Deere dealer? Maybe not a dealer at all. ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos
Jeff in NC

1999-03-28          2115

I can understand a dealer giving priority to units he sold. And have no problem what so ever with them servicing a comercial users tractor before mine. As for not doing the work at all... I think refusing to do warranty work could have repercussions from the manufacturer being represented. I'm not sure I would want someone with this mentality to work on my tractor anyway. Who knows if they would do it properly. I'm glad I don't have to deal with someone like this.Jeff in NC ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-03-29          2173

I'm also in WA. Just bought a 4300 in OR. No sales tax. Prices in dealerships allaround Portland and Puget Sound pretty close. Good luck. ....

How best to buy a Deere

View my Photos

1999-04-05          2440

Walter has obviously never heard of the Golden rule of running a successful business. Take care of the Customer,Take care of the Customer, or the next owner of the business will.If anyone finds out which dealer "Wallet" er I mean "Walter" is with please post it here so that we may never go within 10 miles of the place.ART ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login