Go Bottom Go Bottom

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Lwayne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-05          146561

Here's something interesting just fyi. I ordered a mirror KIT for my 4720 and picked it up yesterday. The box contained two mirrors and two cab mounts with four mounting bolts. I went back to the dealer to explain that the KIT didn't have any brackets to attach the mirrors to the cab mounts. He looked up the KIT again on his computer - NO MIRROR BRACKETS ARE INCLUDED, though that wasn't specifically pointed out. The parts were just conveniently not listed in the KIT. They cost an additional $22 EACH! He was so embarassed by the obvious lunacy of the situation that he volunteered to overnight them, even though there's no urgency. (I wish he'd been embarassed enough to just give them to me.)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-05          146564

It is a shame you have to ask such questions that companies force us to. kt ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-05          146576

Having worked in the automotive engineering field where the parts lists for service part individual parts and kit part numbers are first created (from the Bill of Materials used to build the item)--it's amazing we can even get parts at all. I mean there is so much that gets by Management as far the way it should be and the way it is. Sometimes it boils down to someone being new in the department not knowing what they're doing, poor training, poor over-sight, or simply not giving a damn. Service Parts are BIG, BIG money earners for manufacturers. The price you pay is sometimes 400-500% the actual cost. Part of my job was to keep those that created the kits "honest" and bring these issues to their attention as I "proved out" their information. More times than not nothing was ever done because it costs sometimes thousands or tens of thousands of dollars to change a part or kit because packaging such as plastic bags, labels, boxes, the labor to repackage said items, communication expense with suppliers, plus the engineer's buy-off---not to mention the wasted time spent by the one who created it to begin with and now should make it right. So rather than make it right---they leave it. It's all about money. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Lwayne

2007-10-10          146749

Update: When I went down to pick up the new plow blade my salesman had heard about the mirror debackle and gave me another $150 off . . . virturally paying for the mirrors. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-10-10          146750

Good for you! Can I rub your tummy--I'm gonna buy some lotto tickets! ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Murf

2007-10-10          146752

I can't believe any manufacturer would, in this day and age of product liability, litigation & safety awareness, try to say mirrors are an option!!!!

You might want to send a polite email to the manufacturers customer service people and express your feelings over being asked to pay for mirrors and having to make several trips to the dealer to get them and the OTHER required parts.

Best of luck. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-10-11          146794

How much was the kit with out the mounting brackets? I ordered a set for my 3520 cab and everything came in box. I just looked them up online and yours uses the same mirror kit as mine......LVB24844 is the part number and list is 135.00 for the kit. If you paid this amount the mounting hardware should have been in the kit. Maybe the dealer ordered a replacement mirror and not the mirror kit. I also ordered the rear work lights at a cost of 110.00 if you don't already have these you may want to think about them. I don't use mine much at night but if it gets dark while using it and you need to unhook something it sure is nice and the cab cost so much you would not even want to think about backing into something because it was dark. JMO
Jack ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Lwayne

2007-10-11          146810

Whiteturbo: The part # is the same as yours but my invoice lists the cost at $141.75. That included 2 mirrors and the cab attachments. The bracket part # is MIA10378 and they list for $22.04 each. Apparently when 4720 is keyed in prices change. (Similar to lower hp 4x20's. The same tractor but different prices.) Strange! I did order it with the additional cab lights. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-10-11          146812

Strange mine came with everything to mount to cab and mine was 135.00 plus tax so it would be about the same as yours. I would email JD and ask about this as something does not sound right. Not bad mouthing the dealer just maybe the kit should have these in the box and were n it shipped. It does happen.Did the paper work that came with them show the mounting brackets? ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Lwayne

2007-10-11          146827

WT: No, the parts man was stumped too when I went back to tell him that there were seemingly parts missing. The mounting instruction manual listed all of the enclosed parts and the brackets were not listed. They had to be ordered seperately as we found out searching his computer parts diagram (they weren't listed in the kit). Weird as it is, I guess I'm satisfied now that I received the additional $150 discount on my snow plow. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-10-11          146831

Where do you live? I only wish i had snow here in NC to plow. I am all dressed up and nohere to go. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Lwayne

2007-10-12          146866

WT: In a month or so I'll be like a kid in a candy store. I live in Eastern ND, where we tend to get an ample amount of snow for Winter recreation. Having said that, last year I used my 74" - 3 ph blower only one time. The rest of the winter the box blade sufficed. They don't make winters like they used to! I bought the plow because we added nearly 30,000 sq. ft. of parking lot. (At least that's what I used for an excuse.) It will hopefully be easier to maneuver around the trucks and trailers to push the snow out in the open to blow, if need be. Snow blowers, tight quarters and gravel aren't a good mix if you like to keep your equipment from getting all dinged up. ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-12          146868

LWayne,

Well, howdy neighbor. I'm located a ways north of Devils Lake, North Dakota.

You're right about the lack of snow last winter, but the forecast for this coming winter looks like it will be much colder and much longer......with possibly much more snow....so says the weather forecasters.

The coldest day we had last year was on Super Bowl Sunday.....with temps dropping to -42. What a miserable thing to wake up to. Barely awake, trying to get three vehicles running, as we had guests over for the game, and they stayed at our place for the night. Not enough room in the garage for all the vehicles. Oh well, the Nipco heater got them all running in about an hour.

Just hope we don't end up with as much snow as we had in 97. YIKES!

Joel ....

4x20 cab mirrors

View my Photos
Lwayne

2007-10-14          146979

Joel: Sorry about the late response. I was gone over the weekend. Yes, like they say, it's a small world. '97 was the only year that I ever bought flood insurance. The snowfall was rediculous! We evacuated our house two months to the day from that purchase. We came home to 5' of water in our basement and felt LUCKY, considering what a lot of people came home to. We live two and a half miles from the river. Still the water came as far as our front basement windows; but not a drop in the garage or the back yard! How lucky can you get? :( ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login