Go Bottom Go Bottom

4x00 series front axel and vindication

View my Photos
turfman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-23          14086

Just a note to let everyone know that my dealer contacted me this morning to make an appointment to have my 4400's front axel replaced with the new one. There are 7 other updates that the manufacturer are going to make to the machine. This was my dealers move, he knew my disappointment with the current setup. He said that he had just been to a class on the replacment. They are also going to fix, replace the front axel, the MFWD lever, the loader lever lock, the third SCV, and some filters. Hope all of you with this model get what is coming us. Just one more note, my friend with a 4300 was also contacted and made his appointment.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Steve

2000-03-23          14088

Turfman, did you and your buddy buy your tractors with both turf tires and mid-mower? There was some discussion on this board that both of those would be required in order to qualify for axle replacement. Thanks. Steve ....

View my Photos
turfman

2000-03-23          14090

steve, we did, but no mention was made about that by the dealer. i will check with him to see if there is a difference and get back to you. ....

View my Photos
bud in oh.

2000-03-23          14102

Turfman, you mention the third SCV valve. Could you tell me the problem as I am having trouble with my whole SCV? ....

View my Photos
Ken

2000-03-23          14107

turfman,I'm glad it's working out for you.I personally feel it is the dealers call.So,if you have a good dealer your in.There are a lot of us who haven't been as lucky this far. Ken ....

View my Photos
Ken

2000-03-23          14108

turfman,I'm glad it's working out for you.I personally feel it is the dealers call.So,if you have a good dealer your in.There are a lot of us who haven't been as lucky this far. Ken ....

View my Photos
Ken

2000-03-23          14109

View my Photos
turfman

2000-03-24          14112

bud, the 3rd scv was sticking and had to be centered by the operator. the 3rd scv is the one for the rockshaft or mower lift. I have not had a problem with the bucket scv. hope it helps. and to ken, you are probably right. this is my 4th green machine and the dealer is pretty good to me. I really like doing business there and the mechanic is great too. He lets me in on things that other mechs just let you find out the hard way. hope your dealer comes around. ....

View my Photos
Chad

2000-03-24          14131

I ordered a 4300 HST with turf tires, 60" belly, 430 loader, and 48 backhoe. It will hopefully be delivered in a week. I asked my dealer today if they knew of any problems with the 4000 series and they said NO. This is quite a large investment, and I don't want to regret it. Does anyone have John Deere documentation stating these problems. Thanks in advance, Chad. ....

View my Photos
bud in oh.

2000-03-24          14133

Chad, I have not seen or heard of any kind of documentation, but I do know one of the mechanics at my dealer went to some kind of meeting/schooling and was told what the fix for these tractors would consist of. Also that was the first time my dealer had heard anything from Deere that there is a problem with some of the front axles. I told them there was a problem two months before Deere did. ....

View my Photos
Chris in IN

2000-03-24          14134

I got my 4400 with R4s back from my dealer today with the new front end installed.
I can not believe the difference. It no longer peals up the grass or leave black marks on concrete & pavement. I owe my dealer a big thank you. Chris ....

View my Photos
Mike S.

2000-03-24          14135

John Deere dealers should be on-line and have access to DTAC bulletins in which issues such as dash fogging, lawn-scuffing, etc. are listed and explained. It took my dealer a few mouse clicks and about two minutes to bring up several DTAC bulletins that were relevant to issues with my tractor. ....

View my Photos
Eddie Watkins

2000-03-27          14226

I just bought a new JD 4300 which was delivered Friday. I had a great weekend playing. It came with the new axle and the dealer had a 4400 he had just received with the new axle. I was able to compare it to one he already had with the old style axle to verify it was the new axle. I based the comparison on information I got here on the CTB. I drove it all over my yard and didn't peel up anything. I even found some sand and was turning it fairly tightly in and out of FWD and left no more obvious tread marks than you would expect. It appears to me the problem is fixed with the new axle. ....

View my Photos
Troy

2000-03-28          14242

Can anyone tell me if the turf tearing issue is limited to the 4wd only or is it also a problem with the 2wd?

Thanks ....

View my Photos
tracy

2000-04-12          14729

to any one thinking of bying a44,45,46,4700 JD.the loader controles have a major problem JD. knows this have your dealer contact D tec.and question them we have been through 2 tractors and 4 valves in a year. ....

View my Photos
bud in oh.

2000-04-12          14731

Tracy, what kind of problems exactly have you been having? My 4600 had the check valves replaced because they leak by so bad, (diddn't help any) also have trouble with joy stick lever locking when trying to raise boom,when ever you try to lift boom of loader just a little it acts like it's hitting a stop of some kind. Then after playing with it it might move real slow or other times after moving it back and forth it will move normally but that sucks when you're trying to hook to something and only want to feather it a little. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login