Go Bottom Go Bottom

4000 Ten Series Fork lift impliment

View my Photos
Dave CC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-01          120157

Can anyone shed some light on the 4000/10 series fork lifts.
I can not find much info on anything other than bolt on forks.
I do see that some of you have the fork unit. How much are they? Any links?
Thanks
Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-01          120158

The forks I use on my neighbors tractor (5000 series is quick attach) from the loader and suspect the ones for the 4000 series are similar, just pull the pin at the bottom and switch. The cost will eat up most of $1,000, closer to $900 when you include taxes. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-01          120170

I got a quick-tach set from Rankin equipment. They were $600 about two years ago. I use them more than the bucket. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-01          120171

Here is the link to the Rankin forks. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-01          120172

I posted the link. I guess the board software rejected it or maybe a bug. Did this to me yesterday when posting another link. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-01          120173

Berlon also makes forks for compact tractors. ....

Link:   Berlon Industries Forks

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-01          120174

Here is the link for Rankin below. Don't understand why the board software won't accept it.

http://www.rankineqco.com/pdf/forks.pdf ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-12-01          120191

I've got a set of Deere forks for my 430 loader. The quick tach from the loader frame makes it a real simple change over from bucket to forks. I'm sure other makers have a fork that mounts on the same quick tach frame. A fork attachment on any FEL commands a lot of respect, never lift anything higher than necessary. Be carefull. Frank. ....

View my Photos
jonesiera

2005-12-01          120209

I bought a set of forks at my Shopping Center(Junk Yard for $75) and got the quick attachment brackets from JD, Had the Frame welded up, painted them JD Green and now I wished I had of Kept my Clamp on Bucket forks. They were a lot handier than the Quick change forks I now look at in the Corner of my Barn. I guess I've lived to long and still haven't learned a darn thing!

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-12-01          120211

jonesiera, why do you like the bucket forks better? It seems to me that bucket forks would move the load forward and obstruct visibility more than the quick-attach forks, and also be harder to mount and dismount. I need a set and the price is right on the bucket forks, but I don't want to buy and then regret the choice. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-12-01          120213

I made a set of bolt on bucket forks once for a different loader I once had. Kschwumm you are correct they were too far ahead of the lift point plus I could'nt see the forks. It was difficult to use them unless I had a helper to be my "eyes". Frank. ....

View my Photos
jonesiera

2005-12-01          120215

I guess the reason for one or the other is what you plan on using the forks for.
I primary used them to pick up limbs and trash I usually know where I'm going and don't really need a helper. the bolt ons ould allow me to load the limbs plus put small trash in the bucket. I plan on buying another set of the bolt on. The are easier for me to use in the woods.
If I were going to use them for moving heavier loads I would probably use my quick change forks.
I always worried about bending the bucket with the bolt ons, but I didn't lift anything that heavy. I guess every one has their own Ideas, I was only expressing mine! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-12-01          120221

There is probably no one-size fits all solution. Using the forks for brush presents different requirements than material pallets. I use a grapple for brush and just need the forks for pallets and bulky loads. At one point I had a set of Rankin 3-point I-Match compatible forks but returned them because they weren't even close to I-Match compatible. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login