Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Berry Man
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-03          30621

I got a price of 21,000 for a JD 4700 withpower-reverser transmission. Is this a fairprice? Has anyone priced the 4700 with the hydro transmission? If so, what was the price? Thanks, Berry Man

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-03          30624

Berry, I bought a 4700 Hydro, R-4's, folding ROPS and DSCV in July 2000 for 22,200. David ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Berry Man

2001-08-03          30626

David,
Thanks for the reply. Are you happy with your choice? What do you like
the best,or the least, about your tractor?
Berry Man ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-05          30663

Berry, What I like best about the tractor is, That I have one and it's a JD with Hydro, Telescopic links and a Yanmar diesel engine. What I like least is it's not a 4710 series IF JD is going to make one. I would like all the updates JD is going to have BECAUSE of us 4000 series owners field testing they're tractors for them. I have been very lucky so far (knock on wood) Not to have the numerous mechanical problems that some have had. I think my biggest bitch would be the ARMOR kit that cost 1K plus that should have been on the beast in the first place. I have done more damage to the under side of the tractor from bushogging heavy brush and the loader arms (at the ends) from rocks of many hours of loader work in my pit. I have put rubber mud flaps over the loader arms to keep rocks from falling on them but haven't come up with a solution for the underside short of a large metal sheet for a belly pan. David ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Anthony M. Parente

2001-08-05          30664

Berry,
I bought a 4700 on 9/20/2000 equiped as follows: 4700 HST/FROPS/MID PTO/DSCV/3RD SCV/R4'S/+460FEL/HD Bucket/ATI Toothbar/+48 Backhoe/PB Kit/12"/24"/36" Buckets all for $33,900.00.
I have since added Xtra Armor kits for hood and lights for $623.00
I have had some major problems in the 250 hours since new. The worst happened 3 weeks ago when the HST failed due a swash plate bearing failure. I am frustrated, however, JD has warranted all repairs so far. I am interested in the 4710 or 5220 if JD makes me an offer I can't refuse.

Tony,

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Berry Man

2001-08-05          30671

David and Tony,
Thanks for the replies. I started out looking at NH Boomers. I have a
friend who sells Deere so I decided to give them a look. I have to say the
Boomers are better looking but I think Deere has a better engine and attachments.
I appreciate your honesty when it comes to your green tractors
shortcomings. There are those who could not find it within themselves to
publicly say anything that might be considered negative about JD. I'm glad
you guys are above that. My friend tells me info on the 4710 should be
out by September. I think I'll wait until I can check one of the 4710's out
before I purchase my first tractor. I can hardly wait!
Thanks,
Berry man ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Steve

2001-08-08          30791

I doubt the 10 series will be out before next spring. Lots of rumors out there, especially about not offering the 10 series in the 4500-4700 tractors.

I just bought a 2001 4700 2 weeks ago with the following options:

HST, 460 FEL w/ High Volume bucket(since re-enforced at my shop w/ 1/2" thick plate), R4 tires, DSCV, 3rd, 4th, and 5th SCV, power beyond, arm rest kit, vertical exhaust, 48 backhoe w/ 18" bucket, dual rear work lights, Gannon Top n Tilt (3" bore x 8" stroke top cylinder and 3" bore x 4" stroke side cylinder), Landpride RB3596 w/ hydraulic angle cylinder, and Landpride 96" rake attachment.

I got everything tax included out the door for $ 36,000. This tractor replaced a 1996 JD 955 that I put 300 hours on over the last 3 years. The 4700 is powerful and can do 3 times the work of the 955 but I am finding the limits of the 4700 already. I am lazy so I needed a tractor w/ HST and if JD made a 5420 w/ HST I would have bought it!!

All in all, I am very happy with this tractor in the 19 hours I have put on it. ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Anthony M. Parente

2001-08-08          30795

Steve,
My JD Rep. saw the 4710 demonstarted at the JD Dealer meeting last month. He said it was quite impressive. There is a major improvement in the HST, something about an automatic downshift to prevent stalling. A total of 75 fixes based on input from 4000 owners. I intend to consider trading my 4700 for the new 4710, (after I see the actual technical data in writing).
A "sold unit" will be available this fall. Dealer inventory units will not be available until next spring.
Tony, ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Berry Man

2001-08-11          30887

Tony,
Did he say if the tractor is similar in appearance?
Berry Man ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Jon

2001-08-14          30953

Steve, you said that you're already reaching the limits of the JD4700. Can you elaborate? ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Anthony M. Parente

2001-08-14          30954

Berryman, I understand the tractor will basically look the same. The major improvements are the HST and the controls.
Tony ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Steve

2001-08-15          30961

Jon, like anything in life the limits to a mechanism are soon realized. I am relandscaping the 12 acres directly around my house. I have the high volume bucket that I re-enforced with extra 1/2" plate at my shop after I bent the top edge and sides of the bucket picking up an old oil burning storage tank. The engine is still breaking in but I find myself stalling the engine quite a bit while using the FEL to dig and remove dirt.

Years ago pallets were built on my property so there are thosands of old pallet boards laying around that I have pushed with a dozer into two piles. I then just dig out a bucket full of boards to dump on my bonfire. I can easily stall the engine lifting up a full bucket of boards out of the pile.

I really am VERY happy with this 4700. I did 5 hours of landscape rake work last sunday. The top n tilt option is an excellent investment, it gives infinite adjustment to the 3 point implements. I highly recommend it to anyone who does not have it. ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Rob Munach

2001-08-15          30964

I have never heaerd of a tractor stalling due to excessive weight in front end loader. I would assume the relief valve would blow way before this happens. Also, it seems unusual that a bucket full of pallet boards would be heavy enough to be a problem - regardless of your bucket size. I would have it checked out. ....

John Deere 4700 price

View my Photos
Steve

2001-08-15          30965

When I refer to stalling while using the FEL it is during the "cutting" of 2-3" of clay off the surface to level the ground. The bucket fills and the tires start to spin as I am "slicing" the top layer of clay off then the engine wants to stall as it is being loaded down. The stalling during scooping the pallet boards is when I lift boards up from the bottom of the 12' tall pile. The boards are all intertwined with each other, in fact my old 955 did not have enough power to even lift up the FEL after I dug the bucket into the bottom of the pile.

If this sounds like a problem I will take it back to the dealer for warranty work. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login