Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere JD 3520 W CAB ORDERED MINE YESTERDAY

View my Photos
whiteturbo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-02          118784

I dealer shopped for about a week and went with a dealer close to me..about 45 miles away but not so far i can't get service or recalls and such. I ordered the deluxe cab with R3 tires mid pto dual and single rear scv vertical exhaust radio install kit(no radio as i did not want to pay 300.00 to 600.00 for a radio but may install my one myself) John Deere Electric diverter valve John Deere 4n1 bucket 300cx loader level indicator standard hood guard hose kit for the 4n1 bucket and a 60" mid mount mower. Could have bought around 27,000 to 27,500 with standard bucket but with the 4n1 i paid 29,500. Not cheap but compared to some of the prices it was a pretty good deal. Will keep you posted when i get it. This is my first cab and have been wanting one for years now so i hope i like it. I am not but about 150 miles from the plant where they are built and i went there about two weeks ago. In the new plant where the larger tractors such as 4020 and i think 5000 models in full production they can build one in 3 hours ...rolls off the line every 3 min. 85 built a day and ships about 35,000 a year. In the old plant where the 3000 twenty series tractors are built it takes about 6 hours to build.
Question anyone why John Deere paints there 4N1 bucket black?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-02          118785

Sounds like a nice set up. I like R3 (Turf tires) for mowing, snow removal, etc. When you bought the 4 in 1 bucket, are you doing lots of brush work and logging? R4's are lots more puncture resistant. Usually a 4 in 1 bucket gets all scarred and scraped. Painting it black makes it easy to touch-up. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2005-11-02          118786

No i do not do a lot of brush work i do use it for mulch about twice a year and have had times that i would have liked to have 4n1 bucket. I bought it because i saved the 548.00 over not getting the standard bucket and when i do need it i will have it. It is just a toy for me as i only use it around my house and helping friends out. I have been looking for a used set of R4 OR R1 tires and wheels so i can get in the woods more as i know that a sharp stick will cut trough a R3. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-02          118787

Congratulations! Looks like you already have a 4310? 3520 is a nice jump up in HP. Nice toy! ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2005-11-02          118788

Nope not a rich man i sold the 4310 so i could buy the 3520. I sold it for 16,000 435 hours hydro 60' mid mower 430 loader R3 tires 4wd. Dealer wanted to give me 13,500 for it. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-11-02          118790

The R-3's will be the best for what you are describing. If you can search the JD dealer network finding other wheels and tires shouldn't be that hard. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-11-02          118792

Whiteturbo, you saved $2500 by selling the 4310 on your own. Thats great. Did you have an easy time selling it? ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2005-11-02          118793

Not sure what you mean by JD network..How do i search the network? ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-11-02          118795

There are various equipment dealers associations. Ohio and Michigan have joined for the OMEDA for the Ohio Michigan Equipment Dealers Association. All the dealers belonging to this are listed and they have them grouped by "John Deere" etc. with a listing of address, phone & fax number and contact. You could do a broadcast fax. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2005-11-13          119308

It was not bad to sell i sit it at my business and it sold in a few weeks. I sold it to a very nice retired couple that lives in the mountains of North Carolina. They had a larger JD but his wife wanted a smaller one that she could use to cut grass and he can use the loader to haul hay for his goats. Thank you for the advice on selling it myself. I had dealers offer me 13,500 and they said they would sell it for 14,500 for a quick sell. Yea right. I take very good care of my tractor and it looked about 95% as good as my new one does. ....

View my Photos
JD4720

2007-12-01          148889

When do you expect your tractor to be shipped? I ordered a 4720 with Comfortgard cab on November 27 and it looks like it will be shipped January 5. I was hoping to have it as my Christmas present to myself. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-12-01          148890

I ordered mine just as they started making them. i placed the order late Friday and it was at the dealer the next Wendesday. Maybe you will have the same luck and get it for Christmas. I have enjoyed mine and always find it a joy to use. Did you get the air ride seat? My model 3520 is a dealer or owner installed item.......for some reason they did not offer it when building it and i do not have it but at times i think it would be nice to have. I installed a Porsche 996 radio w/cd in mine and the plug on the wiring harness plugged right in. I did have to change the wires around in the plug but no cutting wires.

Enjoy. ....

View my Photos
JD4720

2007-12-04          148949

Yes, I'm getting the air ride seat suspension. I believe it now comes standard on the 3720 and 4720. In fact, we tried to order a 4520 with the air seat and still get the deluxe two piece cloth seat but couldn't. You can get the air suspension seat kit but we would have to use the existing seat which is a nice seat but I just wanted the two piece with the adjustable backrest.

I went ahead and ordered the tractor with Deere's am-fm CD player. It was expensive and I'm sure I could have gotten a better system for the money but my stereo installation skills aren't the best.

I hope you are right and the shipping date gets moved ahead. I can't think of a better Christmas present. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-12-04          148953

You are right ...........nothing any better than getting it for Christmas..........Post sone pictures when you get it.

Enjoy ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2008-01-18          150364

JD4720 Did you get your cab tractor yet? If so how do you like it or do you just LOVE it ? ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-01-18          150366

Sure wish I had your cab for today, two below outside and snow to push, I guess the fresh air is good for us. I've had a 4 in 1 bucket on my 4310/430 loader for several years, it works great and seems to be pretty bulletproof for rocks, brush, rolls of old fence wire and other nasty stuff, and it does get the black paint scuffed up pretty quick. Frank. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2008-01-18          150371

LOL I only wish i had your snow to push. We never get much here in NC we did get a little sleet and snow this week and maybe some more tomorrow. I am like a school kid wanting snow. I have had mine two years now and never used it for snow !!!! ....

View my Photos
DPProperty

2010-03-15          169227

Hello Sir,

I have been admiring your post and info and pics of your 3520 tractor for awhile now. I am in the process of ordering one and have a few questions. I guess first off you have owned yours for a time now are you still happy with it? Did you go with the vertical exhaust kit? question about the stereo. With the stereo mounting kit was it easy enough to install your own speakers and radio? They are charging me 500 dollars for a delco am/fm radio with speakers? yuck! I wanted to change that if it is easy to put in my own radio. How did you make out with the radio?
Thank You
David Pemberton
DP Property Maintenance
BelleRiver, Ontario Canada ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2010-03-15          169231

I did not change the exhaust because it has to be removed everytime you raise the hood. It is simple to remove but also requires cutting a hole in the hood so i just decided to leave mine like it came.
The radio was easy to install. You have to remove the top cover on cab i think 6 or 8 bolts and someone to help set it off and back on is about all the help you would need. It is not heavey just large. The headliner has to be removed to install the speakers but it just clips in and is not hard to remove. The speaker kit comes with the radio face plate and also the speakers. All you would need is a radio. I had a extra Porsche radio and it fit right in even the pre wired plug fit the radio all i had to do was check for the hot wire and change one wire in the plug. I love my tractor and have not had any problems. I also have the standard seat and would like to try one that has the air ride. At times i think that would be a nice extra.
Let me know if i can be any futher help.
Jack ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login