Go Bottom Go Bottom

agracat

View my Photos
sjcozy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-06          170599

I have a agracat tractor SN #20936. We are having trouble with our hydraulic fulid coming back out the fill hole, can you tell us what we need to look for.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-06          170601

Most common problem is too much fluid. If your dipstick is like mine, there's only one mark on it. I treat that one as the full mark. I don't ever add fluid until the stick comes out dry, then only add enough to bring it back up to the mark. Also - make sure to drop the front end loader (if so equipped) and rear lift BEFORE you shut off the engine. Doing so afterwards can also cause fluid to spew out the fill/vent

//greg// ....

agracat

View my Photos
sjcozy

2010-05-11          170683

The fuild comes out there no matter how much is in there. Could there be air in the line? and if so how do we get the air out of the line? ....

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-11          170707

Ok, then we'll move on to - wrong fluid. Most commonly used hydraulic fluid is AW32, which by formulation is non-foaming. Some folks think they can just stick any kind of oil in there. Other well-meaning folks buy a container that says AW32 - only to find out they didn't read the fine print, and bought machine oil or R&O oil instead. Both foam, and foam spews out the vent - regardless of what the dipstick says.

//greg// ....

agracat

View my Photos
affordable

2010-05-12          170723

If you have a leak in one of the suction lines air will cause the same problem,check all your lines,is the hyraulic fluid clear ? does it have any foam in it ?

Tommy

Moderator edited to remove the advertising content. ....

agracat

View my Photos
sjcozy

2010-05-12          170736

Yes it has lots of foam coming out the fill spout. We will check the lines for leaks. ....

agracat

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-05-13          170742

I noticed that the reply from Tommy Laskowski of Affordable Tractor Sales said it had been "Moderator edited to remove the advertising content." This is the only tractor forum I've seen that has done that and I'm rather surprised. I've never seen Tommy paste any big flashing ads in his replies, merely a link to his company website so owners can easily reach them for parts and/or assistance.

Tommy obviously spends a considerable amount of time every week reading several of these boards and answering peoples' questions and offering free, expert advice. To remove part of his post as "advertising" seems a bit craven to me. (Or does the moderator perhaps own a competing business?)

These forums are supposedly there to provide support for owners - discouraging a certified expert on these specific machines who is willing to give free advice is, frankly nuts. You're not going to get many pros to offer their help if they can't even post links to their businesses. They are investing their time and experience and that merits some quid pro quo, I should think.

Rich Waugh - who has received much-appreciated advice from Affordable Tractor Sales ....

agracat

View my Photos
affordable

2010-05-13          170744

Rich, thanks for the positive comments, thats why I do not check this board much,

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

agracat

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-05-13          170756

I don't blame you, Tommy. Under the same circumstances I'd probably just blow them off altogether. And that may account for the rather limited readership they have compared to Chinese Tractor World, TractorByNet, Chinese Tractor Owner's Association and even that goofball Joe's silly site.

When you set up a discussion forum and don't let the best sources you could have derive any benefit from it you wind up with few, if any, experts to provide the backbone necessary to keep it going. I don't have any way of knowing if that is a site policy here or just one volunteer moderator's way of feeling important, but it sure doesn't make sense to me.

I expect I'll be pretty scarce around here, myself. ....

agracat

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-05-13          170757

I am only a member here. Not sure who the moderator that made the deletion but the best I know no moderator here has a business interest that would be in conflict or competition with a dealership or parts or garage. In the years I have been here have found this site to be very fair in what they allow.

At same time any site is a business and any site that has paying ads they must protect them. As a business owner I appreciate that. (not a tractor related business in any manner unless we insure your tractor) Again as member only there have attempts to post free sales info several times recently and to me rightly removed and think that has caused any thing perceived as ads to be noticed.

Is it possible a member or moderator or even owner could take stronger action than might should or say something stronger than need be of course. It has been my experience both moderators and owner are very open to a decent discussion and yes there have been some very honest and frank discussions on the site here.

Just in case you are not aware of it there are some very fine dealers who are here often and others which are very knowledgeable. I have played on other sites off and on and based upon only my experience rather play in a pool of people I can respect than an ocean of people who run each other down or just keep saying the same thing over and over.

It would be my suggestion to start a thread on suggestions to improve the site if that is your desire.

agracat

View my Photos
kwschumm

2010-05-13          170764

Generally some latitude is given to dealers who answer questions with links that are germane to the discussion and a lot of posts by so called "dealers" are deleted because they only want to sell product and never answer anything. Tommy generally helps out, and his help is appreciated, but I don't know what was said.

We generally do try to discourage advertising in posts and relegate it to the classified section and to paid ads.

Regarding the other sites, I stopped going to those long before becoming a moderator here. There might be more traffic but there is huge amount of irrelevant noise. Just how often does the best tractor wax need to be discussed? ;-) And don't get me started on how often someone is banned from some sites because they disagree with the moderators politics or some other arbitrary reason. But freedom of choice is a wonderful thing and folks are free to go wherever they wish. ....

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-05-14          170767

Concur 100%. Besides, the site terms of use clearly state "...the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
(g) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services....
"
Pretty clear message that free advertising won't be tolerated.

That said, Kubota/JohnDeere/NewHolland dealers are permitted to announce their promotions in the respective "PRICE" sub-forums. But no such opportunity is available for other than the big three. Create such a sub-forum under the OTHER TRACTOR BRANDS and CHINESE TRACTOR categories. Responsible dealers of other-than-the-big-three brands would then be on equal footing when it comes to their own advertising/sales/promotions.

If that's not considered feasible, the arrangement in the link below has been around a long time too.

//greg// ....

Link:   Advertising Options

agracat

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-05-14          170775

Just wondering here, how would a post or such where we rate dealerships would be? It would need to be thought out. I could see some value there for those who have need for hard to find parts even on equipment or who are as Jeff asked brand dealership who has lower price parts. I am thinking of an on going source of info.

Ken, I sure found your comments about how some sites to be right on. Turned me off another one big time. ....

agracat

View my Photos
affordable

2010-05-14          170776

I understand that you do not want Advertising on this site with out getting paid for it,I listed my Website address that's all in the post,The chinese tractor owners need more help than the typical Big 3 owners, they also need a source for tech. info and parts that is a little harder to come by than the more common brands.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

agracat

View my Photos
Jeremy5

2010-08-08          172915

just bought a agracat2920 with 175 hrs no manuals. Would you happen to know where I can get a manual and what fluids I need for front end, rear end, transmission, hydrolic. No clue on what filters need to be changed, advice would be greatly appreciative...

Thanks ....

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-08-09          172920

AgraCat went out of business about 6 years ago, but their smaller tractors were just rebadged Jinmas. The 2710 was their 2wd 20hp model, the 2740 was 4wd/20hp. The 2910 was their 2wd 25hp model, the 2940 was 4wd/25hp. The 3720 was their 4wd/30hp model. This is a long way of saying that I don't know what the 2920 is. It would help if you looked for the engine label. It's typically found either on the valve cover, or on the side of the block.

//greg// ....

agracat

View my Photos
Jeremy5

2010-08-09          172952

the engine is a yangdong y385 diesel and the tage said it was made on99-8 engine number y10711616b hope this helps, thanks ....

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-08-09          172962

Ok, that makes it a 25hp Jinma. If it's 2wd, you have a JM250. If it's 4wd, you have a JM254. Either way, you can get a set of manuals from most Jinma dealers. Four of them; two for the tractor (operations/maintenance and parts) and two for the engine. Parts manuals have detailed exploded diagrams that help make up for the lack of detailed repair instructions in the O&M manuals. When troubleshooting a problem not previously encountered, I often find myself referring to the parts manuals - just to see what I might be getting myself into.

//greg// ....

agracat

View my Photos
Jeremy5

2010-08-09          172963

Thanks greg, one question, do you think its nessesary to re tighten the head bolts at 175 hrs, if so is it a challanging job or pretty straight forward? thanks. ....

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-08-09          172968

Along with valve lash adjustments, it's recommended to be done at 50 hours - which is generally accepted as the end of the break-in period. After that, head bolts don't show up on the maintenance schedule until 500 hours. Do you know the maintenance history of the tractor? Because if it was going to leak, I think it would have by now.

//greg// ....

agracat

View my Photos
Jeremy5

2010-08-11          173043

i dont know the history of the tractor, but it looks like the filters have never ben changed,or the oil.I have been looking for a jinma dealer around my area but no luck, would you know of a locale dealer around you i could call to have a manual shipped. thanks ....

agracat

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-08-12          173050

Give Ryan Delaney a shout, he's right next door in Wisconsin. There are 4 manuals by the way; tractor operations and maintenance, tractor parts, engine operations and maintenance, engine parts. I strongly recommend all four

//greg// ....

Link:   Ryan Delaney contact info

agracat

View my Photos
Jeremy5

2010-08-12          173077

Thanks Greg, I will try Ryan. I just hope after throwing money at this tractor, it will last a long time,i guess we will see, thanks again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login