Go Bottom Go Bottom

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-09-30          156941

i have just bought a 1980's model tractor and the decals are very hard to read and the best i can read is 2710, i would like to find a owner manual and a parts manual, also if their is a dealer in my area, northeast alabama

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-09-30          156948

What makes you think it's an 80s model? I don't really believe AgraCat (in Arkansas) was in business back then. But I know for sure they're not in business (under that name) anymore.

If it fact it IS one of their imports, you've got what amounts to a rebadged Jinma 200 (JM200). As such, you should be able to get manuals for it from current Jinma dealers.

//greg// ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-10-01          156969

it is stamped 7-80 on the top of engine along with 3-4 other sets of numbers ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-01          156975

The stamps on the Chinese tractor and engine tags leave a lot to be desired. I'm more inclined to believe you're seeing 380 instead of 780. I say this, because the 380 engine is common in the Jinma 200 series. 380 denotes three cylinders - 80mm bore. Look on the inside of the (left) rear fender, there should be another tag that contains info on the tractor itself. Chinese engines and Chinese tractors in years past seldom carried the same date of manufacture.

//greg// ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-10-02          156997

thanks for all the help this will let me be able to get the parts i might need to work on it when i need to ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
RanchHand

2008-10-02          157009

gvems22,
I understand your problem reading the model number.

Food for thought;

Some Agracat models ... not all.

2910, 2720, 2740.

Don't know if yours is two wheel drive or four wheel drive ?. Power steering or manual steering. That will help determine the model if it is a Jinma.

Don't know if it is a 2 cylinder or a 3 cylinder ?.

See if the engine tag says, MFD by Yangdong.

You can email me some pictures if you like.

ronald@ranchhandsupply.com

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-10-03          157012

mine is green with yellow wheels it is 3 cyl, 2 wheeldrive, power stering, it is a yangdong Y385 motor ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-10-03          157015

OK, green & yellow almost certainly marks it as an AgriCat. Back in the 90s, John Deere sued Jinma (and maybe even AgriCat) over that particular color scheme. But the Y385 engine in 2wd makes it an AgriCat 2910T, essentially a rebadged JM250.

//greg// ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-10-06          157057

SO HOW MANY HORSE POWER IS THIS LITTLE TRACTOR

AND IS IT POSSABLE FOR A HOOD OFF OF A 2710 TO FIT ON A 2910 THE REASON I'M ASKING IS YOU CAN READ THE NUMBER 2710 ON THE RIGHT SIDE AT THE FRONT OF THE HOOD

WILL THE PARTS FROM ANY 200 SERIES FIT MY TRACTOR ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-10-06          157060

Well, we haven't really pinned down which tractor you have yet. The Jinma 200 series includes tractors from 18 to 28 hp (18/20/22/25/28). Of those - at least according to the pricelist I have here - AgriCat sold only the 20 and the 25.

So if you believe the hood decal - and think the engine label might say 380 (instead of 780) - then you've got 20 horsepower. If you really have a Y385 engine - and ignore what the hood decal says - you've got a 25hp tractor. Without photos or other supporting information, that's about the best I can do.

And yes, many of the parts are interchangeable. But - as you would expect - some parts on the higher horsepower tractors will necessarily be a little bigger/beefier.

//greg// ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-10-10          157169

sorry it took so long to get back on it has been crazy at this station all week.

i spoke to a jinma parts dealer in texas and anwsered all his questions while i was lookiing at the tractor and was able to find out it is a 25 hp with a non-EPT rated motor but has still not came up with the correct numbres for the tractor

also it is a 3 speed with hi-low. ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-10-10          157170

OK, then it's wearing the wrong decals on the hood. No wonder AgriCat went bust. Anyway - with the help from that dealer, you should have all the right numbers you need for now. Going by both decals we discussed, the tractor is a rebadged JM250 (2wd) and the engine is a YangDong Y385. If it actually has 4wd, it's a JM254, same engine. All very common - especially the 4wd version - all very easy to get parts for from any Jinma dealer. It's also the same as earlier 25hp FarmPros sold by Homier (they might have 2wd parts), NorTracs sold by Northern Tools, and Tractor Kings sold by Rural King (to mention a few).

Get yourself a set of manuals (there are four) and go from there.

//greg// ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-10-15          157280

i spoke to a parts dealer and gave them all the numbers of the motor and it is a 25 hp but still unable to under stand the number 2710 on the side, i noticed the other day it is running to hot it will get close to 100 degrees and i will cool it off with a water hose and then cut it off after it runs for a few min.

i looked and found no thermostat in it, now it will heat up to 70-80 then cool off to 40-50 then it will heat back up to near 100 and i will cool it and cut it off, ratador is clean, not losing water, no water in oil.
but this is a fresh rebuild with less then 10 hours on it could it be just the setting proccess or do i need to start looking at going into the motor before i blow it up ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-10-15          157286

Before blaming the rebuild, check the radiator. These things are notorious for overheating when the radiator fins are not religiously kept clear. The most commonly blocked area is in the lower half, directly behind the battery (or batteries).

The fins are very delicate aluminum, so care should be taken when cleaning. If in fact it's impacted chaff and seeds, I'd remove the radiator and try to blow it out from the back with compressed air. I don't recommend a pressure washer, they're too hard on the fins. You might even have to soak it to loosen severe impaction.

Also, it's important that the radiator mounts and fan shroud be adjusted properly. The fan blades must be as far inside the shroud as possible, or they won't produce maximum pull. Obviously, make sure the fan belt is tensioned properly. Wouldn't hurt to make sure the water pump is working too.

If however, air flow through the radiator is completely unobstructed - we'll move on to other possible reasons for overheating.

//greg// ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
gvems22

2008-11-28          158201

ok greg sorry it has took so long getting back to you i have checked the radaitor and water pump and you were correct about the bottom being plugged up, the temp is down to around 80 now,

on to another subject now:
i was asked the other day where someone could buy a new jinma at and how much they coust new. also what is the resale value

i only gave 1400.00 this one but is that the going market price ....

agracat 2710

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-11-28          158202

Current prices for an assembled 25hp 4wd Jinma start about $6500 and go up from there. A 20hp 2wd will start about two grand less. More dealer spec'd options and/or better warranty = higher price. You know how it goes.

Resale price is a whole different ballgame though. Those who treat it like a piece of trash, get a trash price. Those who make it into a better tractor than when it was bought, can command a premium price. Of my two JM254s, I got back what I paid for the 1st one - and MADE money on the 2nd one.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login