Go Bottom Go Bottom

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-03          78635

hey, i'm new in this place, and i want to know how everyones doing and what kind of business this new spring will bring....also....anybody who wants to knock kubotas can take it up with me...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-03          78639

It's about time we got some input from someone other than the cranky old duffers who usually post here.
Dave ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
StephenR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-03          78640

Welcome aboard. You'll learn alot, I sure do. ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-03          78643

not to sound like a total blonde...or newbie for that matter, but whats an old duffer? Its quite catchy and i think i'd like to use that one in day to day vocabulary... ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-03-03          78645

kubota, I use it as you would use "old codger" or "old fart," an almost affectionate term. However, my dictionary says "an incompetent or dimwitted person."

We know there are none of those on this board. :-) ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-03          78646

I see i see...when i think duffer, i automatically think like duffer bag...you know those nylon things with the zippers that you put your clothes in when you go on vacation...or maybe even someone that shows his duff in public (ie rear end) ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-03          78648

The term is duffel bag not duffer bag. A duffer bag is what I carry around the golf course. ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-03          78649

Welcome to the forum kubotachick. Since my mother taught me to always be nice to girls I won't take you up on your challenge :) ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-03          78650

Yeah, i guess you're right on the duffle bag bit...but what can i say...i think we should throw the whole duffer subject in a tub grinder and spread it out on to a different topic, what do you say? (that way there's no chance in picking it back up again) ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-03          78652

Kubotachick - I assume you will be driving the Kubota tractor. My beer drinkin' wife will pull you from Illinois to New York with our JD. Make sure you get a big tractor. ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-03          78655

yikes, i don't want any trouble with nobodys beer drinkin wife from new york...thats the last thing i want...and it's pretty easy...like i said i'm just a perspective kubota owner.. In all honesty the reason i like kubotas so much is the color...it would match my huqvuavarna chain saws ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-03          78657

My wife will be glad you didn't accept the challenge - now she can relax. Welcome to Tractorpoint! ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
Murf

2004-03-03          78658

Welcome indeed.

I have several female employees who will be the first to tell you they can drive a tractor better than the men, they will also be the last to tell you that, and they will probably tell you a few times in the middle too....LOL

Golf trivia, from a guy who builds golf courses, the term "old duffer" originated in Scotland and was applied to older fellows who had maybe lost a bit of their sight, or had a 'wee dram' of wiskey before playing golf, but play they did. 'Duff' was a term for missing the ball or hitting it badly.

Hopefully you will learn a little from some of the boring data we regularly throw around here before you're bored silly by it.

Best of luck.

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-03          78668

well, i can't chalk up the whole chainsaw thing to me...my ex owned a tree service and thats all they used was husqvarnas, i guess i'm impressionable. I never knew that a tractor discussion board could be so unboring, woo hoo tractor point! ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-03          78670

Murf;
I know I used the term correctly, although I am not that old. Lack of tight ligament in the right knee, from hockey and skiing certainly make me a duffer though.
Don't sweat it and stay cool. Most of us type 60 mistakes a minute anyways.

We do get and provide some good info here, Eh. ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
larry

2004-03-03          78671

Hey Murf
Where are the courses you build or maintain??
The GTA or Clublink??
Or all of Ontario-just wondering if I played one you control
Thanks ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-03          78684

Ontario? can you really golf up there in the snow...frozen tundra or whatever its called...and do you use a dixie chopper for all the grounds maintance (oh, and any problems with groundhogs?) ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
larry

2004-03-03          78685

Yes it has been a Tundra to say the least
No groundhogs yet they are still sleeping ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-04          78738

alright there duder, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't groundhogs day back in february? Maybe its just so cold up there they go right back in (or don't come out at all)...or maybe ya'll don't even have that corny "holiday" up there. i'm sure gemplers sells one of those electrical machines that you put in the ground and the electrical current scares away rodents (if it comes down to it) ....

new chick on the forum

View my Photos
Murf

2004-03-04          78747

Larry, ClubLink (a good client) doesn't build many courses, they prefer to buy them, it's actually cheaper since they don't pay cash, they give the owner ClubLink shares for putting his course in the group. Larry, if you are in the GTA and play much golf then, yes you probably have played on several courses I've worked on. The majority of our work is away now though, both because of our cost advantage to working in the US or the Islands where the job is bid in US$ and we have a built in 35% price advantage, but also because they are not building many courses here because of the high land costs. LAtely we have had a run of building courses and doing the landscaping for new resort developments.

Eric, I'm not that old either but it's one of those 'industry' things you just pick up along the way. In my case PLAYING golf is a catch 22, I get free play on any course owned by a client, but when I get there the greens staff usually ambush me trying to get an opinion on something. I found a trick to typing less mistakes, I only use two fingers instead of all 8, that way I reduce my mistake-making potential by 75% ... now there's logic huh?

Kubotachick, we aren't any further north than you are, just a little east thats all. You're Ex is a tree man, and you describe most tree men as being drunks, I see a theme developing here....... At least he left you some decent saws. LOL

Best of luck.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login