Go Bottom Go Bottom

Till death do us part

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73618

Last night I was driving my wife's new Honda accord that she drives to work (~40 mi each way). She had just gotten the 5000 mile oilchange. The 5-speed transmission has slots labeled 1,2, D3 and D. She mentioned that she drives in D3 saying that she thought it was overdrive. I started 'talking loudly', "Can't you see on the tach that you're turning 4000 rpm at 60 mph?" "Oh," she said calmly, "I never use THAT dial. I did notice that the car ran smoother with the shifter in D."

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Till death do us part

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73625

If it was a guy instead of a gal, a guy when confronted with the error would say he is keeping it in D3 for acceleration on demand !!!!

Dennis
TractorPoint

Till death do us part

View my Photos
gauthier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-10          73632

Its a good thing for woman that men are so understanding,look what we almost did to the buffalo just for the hell of it. Richard ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-13          73855

I agree with Dennis, my wife bought a Subaru for going between work and home, theother day she's telling me something was falling off the front. I told her to take it to the dealer as it should be warranttee. Later I found out she was trying to drive over a snow bank (why else buy a four wheel drive?) to get the car under cover with out shoveling out in front of the door. I love life, and the pursuit of happiness, I just haven't been able to put it together with the tools I have yet to work with. Time to go shopping. For more tools that is! ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-13          73860

And here I thought I was special and only my good lady did 'silly' things.

We took her Bimmer to the farm over New Years, when 'we' go somewhere se always wants me to drive, presumably because it prevents my 'constructive critisism' of her driving habits.

20 minutes from the house I started feeling all sweaty and nauseous, I thought I was coming down with something nasty. I commented to her that maybe we should turn around and go home, the last thing I wanted to do was infect the whole family.

She's a MIRACLE worker.

She suggested I turn off the heated seat......

It seems that she leaves the seat on and set to HIGH since it's so cozy & warm.

As a former (confirmed bachelor) employee used to say "WOMEN, you cant live with them & you can't bury them deep enough that the dogs won't smell the body!"

Best of luck. ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-01-13          73861

My wife wanted a 4 wheel drive vehicle so she could see her parents in the winter. Her parents live on top a mountain and their little dirt lane is a 1/4 mile long & straight up and pretty much stays a sheet of ice during the winter. I bought her a Bronco II and explained the push button 4X4 and told her not to run it on dry road. She was afraid to use it and started up her parents dirt lane which was a sheet of ice. She barely got started and had the Bronco II turned sideways. She took her cell phone out and called her uncle up who has a Bronco II also. He comes walking down the dirt lane slipping and sliding and gets in the car. He tells her to push the button and they go right up the hill!!!! Needless to say she came home and complained. I got her a V-8 AWD Explorer. The gas mileage is a killer but at least she doesn't have to figure out when to put it in 4 wheel drive!!!!!!!!!! Wives, you gotta love them or lose everything you have!!!!!!!! ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-13          73865

A few days before Christmas, with the snow coming down, my wife took the 4WD Ranger to work. I got a call from her on the way home that she had slid off the steep and winding gravel road that leads to our house. I drive down to take a look and the truck is sitting at a 45 degree angle in the ditch. When asked what happened she told me the Check Gauge light was on all day, then the Check Engine light came on and it wouldn't steer anymore. Well, the tow truck winched it out of the ditch and towed it to our house. Yep, gas tank was BONE dry and the gas gauge was lower than I've ever seen it. Good thing the ground was covered with vegetation and was soft and muddy - not a scratch on the truck and the alignment checked out fine. Yeesh. ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-13          73867

It just ocurred to me that we were 2 and 0 on the rollover front last year. First the tractor, then the truck and no damage on either. Wow! We were lucky. ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-13          73875

Gentlemen!!! Gentlemen!!!!! I have found the solution to and the answers to your quandry and endless search to find logic in the females species! Need I say more????? ;o) ....

Link:   click here

Till death do us part

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-01-13          73879

That's a good one Chief. You could say that women have evolved in the way they have because their "operation" of men has been so simple over the ages. They only have to pull up on the "ON knob."
Dave

Till death do us part

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-13          73881

Yo Chief, there's something wrong with that picture.....

On the Woman panel, it shows that the LIGHTS ARE ON.

Best of luck. ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-13          73882

Does that mean someones home? They are from venus and we are from mars. It least the government is willing to go back and see if there is more of us! ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-17          74277

chief were did you get that machine. My girlfriend was going down her dirt 1.5 lane road, when a van was coming the other way about 50, she turn the wheel to get out of the way and when up an embankment about 40% angle with one wheel. Well she didn't put in in reverse and back of, but turn the wheel because she though she could drive off the embankment forward. She rolled the car over on to the roof. I think i set a new record from my house to hers. Usally it takes 12 minutes and i did it in 5 minutes and caught the light. Thank god i have fire dept tags. Or that cop would have pulled me over.

Another thing the guys from A+D towing are the worlds dumpest f---ing tow truck drives i have ever met. You don't bring a f---ing roll back for a roll over. You bring a wrecker. Its not a fender bender or mechincal problem its a wreck so you need a wrecker. ARRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! These guys tried tried to flip the car over by hooking the cable on the back and pivoting it on the front bumper. The top of the front of the hood was a little damage and the front window was cracked. I could have put it on my grandfathers frame straighter. and pull it out. We these guys got it up in the air and the cable came off and pancaked the roof. Completely totaling the car. (my cousin drove his car into a deck and push in the front of the roof in, it pulled right out) They took the car for the towing bill. So my girlfriend had to buy a new car. Thank god i don't own any guns. I have driven my grandfathers wrecker and know how to flip a car. We done it with the winch on the front of our rescue squad. ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-17          74282

You might be luckier than you think. My mother-in-law put her Subaru Impreza in the ditch (but didn't flip it) on 8-01-2001 and died 7 weeks later from the trauma the airbag inflicted on her throat and chest.

Buy you new car carefully. ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-17          74284

Green, you already have one of these devices.........you just don't realize it yet. ;o) The device does not activate until AFTER you are married. It becomes even more tempermental after the device has given birth to some baby devices. ;o) ....

Till death do us part

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-17          74313

Green,never owned or drove a wrecker,and never gave one much thought,but if I rolled my car and then called a wrecker and they brought a rollback out I believe then I would be thinking,[and then asking them],how were they planning on useing that to right the car? Looks to me like a roll back would be totally useless for this unless they had a pig pole of somekind on the back. Richard ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login