Go Bottom Go Bottom

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-25          58278

My tractor was STOLEN by Gary Houston of High Point North Carolina. When the buyer showed up to pick up the tractor up he paid the remaining balance with a bank check from his credit union. Upon returning home to High Point he canceled the check. I have contacted the buyer who is holding the tractor and my money and demands that I buy him new tires and wheels before he will pay for the tractor.
I have filed charges against the buyer and a warrant for his arrest has been issued. He is charged with Felony Theft by Deception. I am also offering a $250 reward for information leading to the recovery of the tractor. A $500 reward for recovery of the stolen tractor. The tractor is either in the High Point or Winston Salem area of North Carolina. I have spoken with this thief and he boasts that the tractor is hidden.
The tractor is a Ford 1100 compact diesel. It is 2 wheel drive. The serial number of the tractor is U-128689.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

To see the tractor go to the link.

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-25          58281

The local NC police dept. is still giving you the run around on this. I was hoping that you might have some good new by now. Hope something breaks your way soon! Hang in there buddy! ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u

2003-06-25          58282

Actually last week I found out there was a glitch in the way the warrant was entered into the NCIC computer, so hopefully that will get fixed soon. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-25          58304

I could be mistaken but I would swear I have heard or read this characters name associated with fraudulent sales on e-Bay. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Maynard

2003-06-25          58313

This kind of reinforces my way of doing buisness.."cash and carry". No cash, no carry. I learned years ago that a certified check and even a postal money order can be cancelled. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-25          58321

I agree completely. I learned this one the hard way myself on a motorcycle. I did get my bike back and the joker did go to jail but it was a huge head ache and my bike was pretty beat up and worth a lot less $. I now only take checks and money orders in advance and I insist on a tw week clearing period. The only exception is a US postal money order and I still get that up front but you can cash them on demand at the post office. If you get a joker that pulls a scam with one of those its a Federal offense. A few years ago I sold a couple of Jet skis and the couple that bought them had a poop fit about bringing cash. My response... No Cash no title or bill of sale you get nothing, and yes I do check those bills. They showed up with a check and were showed the door. I guess they thought I was a push over but I said there are three banks within 1 mile, go get the cash or get lost. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-03          58786

Tractors4u, has the scum bag "POS" (I can say POS here can't I?????? ; I got sensored and warned on the "other tractor board") in jail now and is waiting for either the money or the tractor. Hope he gets his money plus is time and expenses. I guess he will post the rest of the story when it all shakes out. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-03          58797

They should throw people like that to the dogs!!!!! ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-03          58803

Naw. It would cause projectile vomiting in the dogs.

If you had a dog that behaved that poorly you would take him for a walk with uncle Smith or cousin Colt and come home alone.

There was a scene in that Jim Cary movie "The Mask" where the character looks in the mirror and says "Somebody stop me!".

Those many years walking a really dangerous and tough beat taught me that most people put themselves in jail. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-03          58804

I still want to know if POS means "Pride of Spain".

Maybe I should ask that in one of the gun threads. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-07-04          58810

My friend has a mattress store and no longer takes checks. He's been taken a few times now with checks that look real and people even have false picture ID's to go with them.

I hope you get your tractor back in good condition and I hope that POS lives until he's 1000 and has to sh-t every 5 minutes. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-28          72521

Tractors4u, this thread has been hanging for some time. What was the final outcome? Did you get the tractor or your money finally? Would be very interesting to hear the rest of the story. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u

2003-12-29          72549

Here is the update: He was arrested June 30th and released on $5000 bond. There was a Grand Jury hearing on September 17th and he was indicted. The D.A. told me to be patient that it would be a while before it comes to trial. I'm still waiting. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-29          72563

I will bet there will never be a trial. He will skip out when the trial date approaches and the court will issue a Failure To Appear warrant.

If he moves far enough away your home state will not be willing to pay the transportation costs when he is finally picked up on the warrant.

I had dozens of guys walking the streets in Anchorage with "unservable" Felony Warrants from other states. Unless it is a murder case or a serious assault, most states will not pay to fetch someone back beyond a days driving distance.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but do be prepared for this sort of outcome. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u

2003-12-29          72567

I am in Alabama and the thief is in North Carolina. The local sheriff's department is willing to get him. It really ticked the investigator off when the guy told them to come get him. The guy works at a car dealership and owns a house in High Point so I don't think he will pull up stakes over $1400. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-29          72582

Hang in there. The wheels of justice turn mighty slow. Hopefully things will work out and the DA may offer some kind of deal to him if he pays you your money. Thanks for giving us that latest. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-29          72628

Maybe I missed it, But did you ever find or get the tractor back? ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
harley152

2004-01-01          72838

Chief--- always looking for more info/education--- what's the "other tractor board"?

Jerry ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u

2004-02-20          77393

I have a court date. April 12th 2004. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-20          77419

Congratulations! Looks like your patience and fortitude have paid off. Hang in there. If this guy is stupid enough to let this go before a judge; he is really in for a shock. Is this a criminal court or small claims? ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u

2004-02-20          77434

It is criminal court. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-20          77435

Good! Once you get a judgement against him in a criminal court you can drag his sorry but into small claims court and run him through the ringer again and hopefully get your money back and be compensated for your time and damages. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Tractors4u

2004-06-16          88661

It has been a long 13 months but the saga is coming to a close. We went to trial yesterday. Gary Houston was charged with Theft By Deception, a Class B felony. In the Limestone County Circuit Court he was found GUILTY! A sentencing and restitution hear will follow at a later date. He could possible do jail time or pay a fine, pay court costs, and pay me what he owes me. It would have been cheaper to have paid me the $1400. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-16          88665

That is great news to hear the wheels of justice have finally although be it ever so slowly done something. Hopefully the court will make that scum bag pay you back the $1400 plus your time, expenses (hope you kept a log of phone call, driving, and any other expenses yu encurred). Congratulations on obtaining the conviction. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-16          88667

Good work, but don't relax yet.

I got a monetary judgment against an L.A. gangbanger as part of a criminal case in Alaska. He lied to his parole officer, skipped the state and went back to where he came from and I will probably never see the money.

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-16          88673

I am not advocating this, but with the speed and effectiveness of out courts and criminal justice system; it makes you understand and realize why we depended upon vigilante justice for so long. ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-06-16          88677

Chief, I can see it now. A "posse" of green, orange and blue racing in high gear for North Carolina to make sure the debt is payed. :-)

Tractors4u, all silliness aside, I hope you are repayed shortly.
Dave ....

Stolen Tractor

View my Photos
Murf

2004-06-16          88683

Mark, I had a similar situation with money owed on an unpaid account for which I sued and won.

I thought the money was gone also, then I ran into a lawyer from California who was visiting friends in the Bahamas. He said that the courts all recognize other courts orders. I had my lawyer mail him a copy of the court order and had it 'entered' in the California court system, basically a legal way of recognizing & localizing the other courts order.

Then I just put it out for collection locally in California. He was REALLY P'O'ed when a tow truck left with his Mercedes.

It cost me a total of about $200 to do.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login