Go Bottom Go Bottom

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-03          127070

Ok, time for me to blow this popsicle stand.

Now the explanation.

It's that time of year again, every spring I head to Florida to visit some old friends, and attend a big annual fly-in. This year my wife is unable to attend, due to some family business, a sick sibling, so my uncle and I are going as 'bachelors' since his wife has absolutely no interest in planes, and he, like me, is an addict.

Since we have a little freedom also, we plan on a short sidetrip to Nassau (Bahamas) for some fishing and boating time.

I will be gone from tomorrow morning (the 4th) through ???? LOL. Seriously, I'll be back sometime the week of the 17th to the 24th, maybe..... LOL

As my gandfather used to say ... "Try not to miss me, ... unless you're throwing something heavy." Ba-dump-bump.

Randy, look up around mid-day. ;->

Best of luck.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-03          127083

Behave yourselve Murf, but not too much. ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2006-04-03          127087

I just got back from FL the other week so I won't be going there, but where does the fly-in take place?

Have a good time on your trip.
Dave ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-04-03          127089

Murf,

Will miss you. Will save throwing the heavy stuff until you get back.

As you probably will fly over my area of South Carolina do me a favor and yourself, stay up there!

kt ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-04-03          127096

If you lend me your stick pin I will pop some balloons for you while you are gone. :-) ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-03          127101

Murf,

Thanks for the heads up, I always worry if you haven't posted on TP in 24 hr period, a certain anomaly ;-)

Have a great trip!

Dennis ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Chief

2006-04-03          127118

Have a safe and enjoyable trip Murf! Almost missed this post. Was out of town at a horse show and got back late last night. Try not to over do the tan! ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-12          127596

Well folks, after a week of high 80's and clear skies I'm back (safe & sound) in cold rainy Toronto.....

Back to the grind.

Best of luck. ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-12          127602

Thank God!

You are much needed here. Glad you are back. ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Chief

2006-04-12          127603

Wow! That was really quick! Did you get board or something? I bet you just came back early because you missed all of us. ;O) Hope you had a great time! ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-12          127606

Nah, I wasn't bored, I could have forced myself to fish a few more days, I only got 2.5 days in, but I came home early 'cause of a 'situation' that developed in my wife's family. She asked me to come home to keep her sane, I thought I had the opposite effect on her, LOL.

Weather was text-book perfect VFR everyday, I got in 15.7 hours stick time and converted some 212 gallons of 100LL into expensive turbulence, LOL.

It got so hot a couple of days I had to have a cold adult beverage or two to keep from over-heating. ;-}

Best of luck.

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-04-12          127608

Cann't live with, cann't live without. (had missed the n't)

It is funny how we think such and find out we really need their support.

Hope the issue improves.

Glad you have good trip.

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-12          127629

I can kill a few skeeters put them in a envelope and mail them to you. If that will make you feel better. I always prefered a hulla skirt with my thong. I thought there was bright glow comming from Florida last week. ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-12          127633

SG, I will have enough skeeters of my own here in a few short weeks, but thanks for the offer.

Actually depending on where in Southeast Georgia you are I was possibly 'glowing' right over your head last Tuesday heading down, and yesterday heading back.

Best of luck. ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-12          127634

MURF
Always ready to lend a hand. You are right, you were more than likley right over me. I am right on the coast. Just north of St. Marys 22miles from the border. I think I saw you wave. It was real nice of you to fly and save space on I-95. If you had been on 95 you could have stopped by for a cool one. You have a wonderful canadian day. ....

Blow this popsicle stand

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-13          127650

Hey, real close indeed, I make landfall on the way back from the Bahamas at Brunswick GA, I can see the St. Simon's Sound from quite a ways off.

No thanks required, any chance to stay clear of I-95 is good enough for me. LOL.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login