Go Bottom Go Bottom

german tech and arab brains

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-21          123201

try this again

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-21          123203

When you post a link here by the copy and paste method you have to delete the "http://" that resides in the link box before you paste or it won't work. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-21          123204

This should work better. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-21          123207

Cute, but not as explosive as the Bud commerical I got sent yesterday. How do you post? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-21          123208

Who is that question for? ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-01-22          123214

I hope he was not asking me I post my own without help. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-22          123234

OK so it was a real Bud light commerical. I found the link. ....

Link:   Sleigh Me

View my Photos
Justus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-23          123275

Peters, I'm not trying to be a wise guy but I thought you weren't into the "loss of life" jokes. When I POSTED recently on this same forum (A Joke, sorry no video) you pretty much tore into me. I'm still a little taken aback by your reply. I was surprised to read your reply to this one that you found amusing.

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-23          123279

Justus, to me there is a difference between someone killing himself with his own stupidity, ie. the Darwin Awards and someone killing him because he thinks he is stupid. This is the difference between the way SS in people and the way the Allies were train to deal with people.
In the prior joke the conservative fires once to defend himself, he does not necessarily kill the person, just stops him. What is funny about the Texan making sure the man is dead. What is funny about the Texan firing a number of shots into the Japanese school boy?
Personally I don't find cowards funny. I think anytime you escalate the degree of force it is cowards way out. But then I have studied martial arts and trained to use the man's force against himself. ....

View my Photos
Justus

2006-01-23          123282

There was nothing mentioned in the joke about anyone being killed because they were thought stupid. The person was killed while terrorizing a family. The joke was the different way it was viewed. I don't think there's anything funny about the Japanese student being killed either; I never said there was and it never entered my mind. I'm sure that no matter what the joke, including the above video, someone; perhaps those that lost a loved one in a terrorist bombing, can and will take offense to it. Thanks for the explanation. I do however still find the Conservative/Liberal joke amusing in the context it was meant, just like I find this video amusing. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-23          123285

What justification do you provide, where it is acceptable to elevate the degree of force to 17 shots and 2 clips? I assume you consider the man stupid or a menus or evil etc. Normally if someone does something like this they are mentally disturbed and do not necessarily know what they are doing. How did Christ deal with the man who was like this? (Matt 8:28-34) If you have faith in Christ you can do the same. Who is the author of fear?
Any officer would be investigated if they shot that may rounds in to one person, but it is OK for a Texan?

View my Photos
Justus

2006-01-23          123301

Peters, you have always been one of the people on this board whose opinion I admire and respect and I will continue to feel that way. I'm merely pointing out that any joke is going to offend someone. As a retired Trooper I'm familiar with the use of lethal force. Yes, in the JOKE it was OBVIOUSLY excessive and that's why it was funny. It was meant to be funny. I didn't make the joke up I merely passed it on just like the video that probably upsets some of Arab descent was just passed on. Without a sense of humor about some things we'd all lose our minds. I should add also that yes, I would consider anyone coming at me and my family with a knife a menace and evil. If he continued to come at me even after I produced a firearm and a recommendation to back off (Time permitting) I would also consider him quite stupid and eligible for the "Darwin Awards" just like you said of the guy in the video and deserving of whatever he got. You fire to stop the action. Until the action stopped, I'd be firing "Center Mass," not trying to find out what it was that got him to this point in his life. I've been talking about a joke all along. You've been talking about an actual case in Texas and comparing the two and finding fault with me. I'm sorry for the student in Texas but as I said, someone will always be offended by any joke, no matter the subject. Obviously what is funny to me isn't necessarily funny to you or vice versa. That's why they have Green, Red, Blue and Orange tractors (sorry if I omitted any colors), everybody is different. Peters, I repeat the first sentence above. Steve

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-01-23          123304

sorry if I offended anyone on this board. I though it was funny that the sucide bommer comleted a successful mission and no one else was hurt. ....

View my Photos
Justus

2006-01-23          123305

The video was good SG, no offense taken here. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-01-23          123306

I thought the joke was funny, but I apply a different set of values to make-believe than to real life. Without that there isn't much in the way of entertainment that would pass muster today. I like a good shoot-em-up movie but would be horrified to watch that stuff if it were real. And the shooting of the Japanese student was indeed horrifying. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-23          123337

Justus, I know that you know, that most people don't really get cop humor. We get a little twisted and jaded after seeing some of the things we have seen.

I share your opinion of Peters. He's a Peach.

I frequently refer to jerks I see on the news or run into out in public as "lead deficient". If I had a dog that behaved the way some people do, it would receive a deep muscle injection to relieve it's problem without a second thought.

View my Photos
Justus

2006-01-24          123354

Mark, I knew that you knew I knew that most people don't get cop humor :-). Nurses and doctors, morticians and others who deal with death have their own particular brand of humor. That's what I was referring to when I said it keeps you from losing your mind (completely) and I knew you'd understand that when I wrote it. I've always appreciated your "Lead deficient" remarks. Thanks, Steve. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login