Go Bottom Go Bottom

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-30          103173

Got a little seat time today.
First time the weather has been decent enough around here for a while to go outside and play with the tractor.

Doug up a couple of tree stumps with the BH.
Discovered that I hadn't been turning the seat around correctly to operate the BH.
Much more comfortable and easier to run the hoe that way.
Why didn't I discover that last fall when I used the hoe to dig up those 8 or 10 trees? LOL

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-12-30          103176

Just got in some more seat time.
This is the second time today.
Don't know how that happened but I seem to be on a roll.LOL
Just tool out another tree stump-this one was a sassafras. Still have the smell of it up my nose.

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
jwngej
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-31          103217

Hmmm, sassyfrass, not all that bad to have lingering in the nose. We used to make a tea from the roots... You are a lucky guy, it is really frozen here in Wisconsin, but did reach just over 40 degrees today....John ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-12-31          103222

We made tea from the roots of that tree 30 or more years ago. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-12-31          103223

Took advantage of the 56 degree temperature we had here today at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers to get some seat time digging out another tree stump. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
jwngej
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-31          103228

It was from 1958 to 1964 that I lived on the Green and Ohio rivers on Indiana and Kentucky borders . There was a lot of sasafrass, almost every roadside in the country was full of them. dug the rots, peeled them , and boiled them for tea.. John ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-01          103233

No seat time here yet. Everything in Central Iowa is covered in a layer of ice this morning. Good thing it's New Years Day and I've got no where to go except the couch. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-01-01          103235

Iowafun; Things are getting real nasty here in Linn County as I speak. I just went to farm and back (3 miles). Nothing much more helpless than a pickup on glare ice. Guess I'll work on taxes today being I can't do anything much more exciting. Keep safe. Frank. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-01          103258

It's a balmy 60 degrees here today.
Got in 5 hours of seat time on 2 tractors.
My next door neighbor even got in on the fun too.
After we finished I let him drive the BX23 back to the garage. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-02          103290

lbrown, enjoy your warm weather! I've still got ice covering everything at my place. Not as bad as northern Iowa, but still bad enough that I'm not trying the 15 miles to town.

Supposed to get more crap today as well. Should make for a fun Monday morning drive to work. I like winter, but not the ice storms.

Hardwood, glad to know you made it around safely. It looked bad out there. I stayed it after watching my dog almost bite it on my ice covered gravel driveway. I may have to take the tractor out there today to bust up the ice. My driveway is a downhill slope. I'd like the wife to be able to stop before the road! ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-02          103311

It may not be spring time in the Rockies but it's seat time in Ohio.

Got 2.6 Hrs. pulling stumps today.

Have gotten good warm seat time here every day this year.

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-03          103382

No seat time today.
55 degrees but rained. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-04          103429

Got seat time last night. I put my blade on the 3pt and drove it around to make sure everything was good for the snow this evening. Forecast is for 6" to 14". So that will get me even more seat time. No biggee since that's why I bought the new tractor. The MFWD was awesome on the ice last night. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Murf

2005-01-04          103431

Enjoy the seat time, just don't forget that a rear blade is rigidly mounted, there is no spring-trip release mechanism on it so if you hit something frozen into the ground with it there will be some damage, maybe even to the operator.

Play safe.

Best of luck. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
beagle

2005-01-04          103432

I think I'm in for some decent seat time Wednesday, forecasting 8-12" of new snow. But then again, it is only a forecast, and this is Michigan, so who knows for sure. I for one, hope they are right. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-01-04          103433

They are still calling for 8-12 here in east central Iowa, I'm going out now to put the plow on the pickup hoping that will handle it, but the tractor/loader is plugged in too. Keep warm. Frank. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Ardician

2005-01-04          103460

I'm getting seat time every day after work. No snow here in L. A. (lower Alabama). Its 75 degrees and I'm wearing a t-shirt. My kids would love to see snow, but I have to admit that I don't envy y'all! ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
botamac

2005-01-04          103465

It’s really sad, we who have toys to play on look for snow or what ever to push around just to have fun on our toys. I too live in Michigan and the weather calls for 6 to 10 inches of snow but we might get 3 to 6 tops where I live. But I did put the rear blade on my toy just in case it does. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-01-05          103514

It is breaking my heart when you have to measure the snow with a micrometer! with all those toys hmmm tools in the garage.

Dennis ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-05          103518

You want bummed? I got up at 5 am this morning to move the snow out of the driveway for the first time with my 4310 I bought this fall. Guess what? No snow on the driveway!! The wind direction combined with the ice covering the driveway and some minor elevation adjustments I made to the driveway has resulting in no snow to move. First time I've had this happen to me at this place (3rd winter).

I have a drift in front of the shop and I expect I'll have snow to move when I get home. But I was really interested in seeing how the 4310 worked at clearing snow. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-01-05          103520

You guys have to find some trees to cut down and skid out so you'll have something to do. :-) Winter is a great time for logging. I put more hours on my Kubota in the winter than any other time and I don't even use it to plow snow.

I would plow snow but the township will plow for us and the last three winters have cost me less than $150 in total for our 300' driveway. It wouldn't make sense for me to buy a blade or blower.
Dave ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-01-05          103521

I know I am hard up when I am overjoyed with this weather forecast:

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT.... MORRIS COUNTIES
OF NEW JERSEY. THESE AREAS WILL HAVE SNOW TODAY WHICH WILL ACCUMULATE 1 TO 3 INCHES. MORE SNOW WILL OCCUR TONIGHT WHICH WILL MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF BETWEEN 3 AND 6 INCHES.....

Yippee! As much as 6" yahoo! Now the bad news I have to clear it around 2AM or else the rain and warm air will take it away before I can get to it :>). ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-05          103546

I would plow snow but the township will plow for us
shortmagnum
This is the first time I ever heard of a township county or state that plows private driveways.
Around here they won't plow a private drive even if you offer to pay them.
L 59

PS no seat time for me today been raining steady for the past 3 days.
Forecasters are predicating the Ohio and Muskingum revers to crest at or near 41 feet.

That's what was forecast back on 9-19-4 but they underestimated it & we got 46.9 feet resulting in the worst most destructive flood this town has had in my lifetime.
Boy i sure do hope this is not a 9/19/4 repeat.

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-05          103550

Lbrown, I'll take lots of snow over flooding any day. Situations like that just make a mess of everything. At least with snow you can just hole up in your house. Flooding means you gotta try to get out of the house before it gets there!

Still no snow in the driveway when I got home. Just getting the right combo of elements to keep the snow from collecting on it. The solid ice probably helps. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-01-05          103557

lbrown59,
Perhaps your affliction with logging seat time so you can actively report how much or how little you managed to accquire
could be measurably increased by the the time you took to record and report to the disinterested members (readers of this forum) by staying seated on your Tractor rather then at your keyboard!!!!

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-05          103611

Sorry .
Didn't know it had to interest everybody. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
beagle

2005-01-06          103694

The 8-10" of snow forecasted ended up being about 7". Not bad for forecasting Michigan weather. The oldest son stole the seat time while I was at work. I'm sure the tractor enjoyed the work just the same. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-07          103746

I'm happy to report the 4310 worked better than I had hoped for when clearing the snow. I could go up and down the ice covered driveway while draging a blade with about 4-6" of snow with no problem. I love this little tractor!! Bring on the snow! ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Woodie

2005-01-08          103808

beagle- I too live in Mi, was hoping for seattime to "play" also this last 'snowfall' 6-8in. after I got home from work. But, my kind next country block neighbor came thru and blew out everyones drive (some200-500ft drives) [he's got big toys-8ft-10ftsnowblower, he told me all he has is 'toys'}. He's a very nice neighbor, kept us plowed out our first year in the place before I could start acquiring my own toys. ....

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
dsg

2005-01-08          103830

Archdean, You don't have to read the post. This seems to be an excited New Tractor owner, don't rain on his parade. I'm sure his excitement will simmer down and if I remember right not Everyone was interested in your building project.

David

SEAT TIME

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-01-08          103831

David,
You are absolutely correct that "Not everyone was interested in my building project" That's why I soon stopped posting it"

I simply was pointing out to lbrown59 a way to get even more seat time and from his own Bio "Being the second most active poster with over 17,000 post on that board I'm not hard to find there."

Sorry for offending, boring and or both to you!!!!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login