Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farm Sale Price Kubota B7510 and implements

View my Photos
emmigirl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-16          144750

Need a little advice. We are selling off the farm and its toys. What should we ask for a Kubota 7510 HST. It has only 22 hours on it. Mid mount mower 60". 5ft Bushog and a Woods box scraper. Mid mount mower used once. Bushog used twice. Also has a front end loader LA 302. I think it is a 2006 and has some remainder transferrable warranty left. Also has R4 Ag tires. Has been garage kept and not used in winter. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Art, my man, this was purchased from your outfit so we are in your neck of the woods. Thanks ahead of time. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-16          144752

Emmigirl,

It's very unfortunate that you are selling this tractor with so few hours on it. You should be able to ask near-new price, but things are working against you.

Due to the fact that Kubota offers such good financing incentives on new machines, to include cash rebates, most people would rather go with a new unit, than have to pay such high interest rates on a used machine......even if it is almost new.

You're probably going to have to offer a good discount in order to sell it. I hope everything works out for you.

Joel ....

View my Photos
emmigirl

2007-08-16          144755

Thanks for a quick response, but what would the ball park price be for a new one of these so we could at least have a number to go down from without going in the hole too much. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-16          144756

Emmigirl,

The best place to check for prices that I've found so far, is tractorhouse.com

I find only two B7510HST tractors listed there.

One of them is a 2006 model with backhoe, loader, 200 hours, for $10,000.

The other is a 2004 model with loader, (no other implements) 179 hours, for $10,900 (Snow blower available for $1100 extra)

I would think that all of your implements, lumped together, would be worth about the same money as a backhoe.

You should be asking somewhere around $11,000 for your tractor, but I'm not sure you'll get that much due to the incentives offered by Kubota for their new tractors.

Anyway, that's just a ballpark figure, but please don't go by anything I've told you here.

List it in the paper for $12,000 and see what happens. You might find a taker real quick-like.

I hope that helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-08-17          144760

Estimate of Original Cost:

9000 B7510 Tractor
2200 MMM
2400 Loader
1000 Brush Hog
500 Woods Box scraper

15100 Total Cost

With only 22 hours it is essentially new. You should price out a new one at a dealer just as yours is set up to see what you are up against. Your only detractor is the lost warranty time. I would see if you could sell it for $14k.

Dealers don't usually discount the $6100 of implements you have very much and yours are basically new.

Dennis
Tractorpoint ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-17          144763

DennisCTB,

I agree with you. However, when a potential buyer looks at this tractor package, versus a new package, the financing incentives offered by Kubota will more than make up for the slightly lower priced used tractor.

Maybe I'm wrong?

I honestly don't know what I would do if faced with this decision. I might take the used equipment -- new as it is -- so long as my banker could match the interest rate offered by Kubota.....or at least be close. If the price is no different at the end of the loan period, I'd take the new package.

I can see the possibility that a potential buyer may not qualify for Kubota's incentive packages due to bad credit, or some other financial liability. In that case, the buyer would gladly settle for the used tractor package.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-08-17          144765

There is also some buyers who pay...cash.

If you are selling the "FARM" and the package was bought for it, is it not possibly the new owner may be the best potential buyer of the tractor and equipment also? kt

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-08-17          144766

Cando,

I agree, I am jaded as I never use credit or financing to buy anything. Buying for cash also puts the Sales Tax up to the buyers descretion ;)

Dennis ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-17          144769

KThompson,

I'm not familiar with Emmigirl's particular situation.

Generally speaking, when a farmer decides to "sell the Farm", this usually involves the sale of the equipment and the household belongings. The land is usually kept by the farmer, to be put up for lease or rent to a nearby farmer. The most common scenario involves the farmer leasing his land to the Federal Government, under the CRP program, which can bring in as much as 40 dollars per acre for a period of up to 20 years.

Doing this allows a farmer to retire, while still maintaining a modest income.

In other words, most farm sales don't involve any land.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-08-17          144774

"Need a little advice. We are selling off the farm and its toys."

Candoarms...read with interest your comment on selling the farm does not mean selling the land. I have never heard that. Be sure in my part of the world when a person sells the farm or bets the farm or losses the farm...the land is gone.

What does it mean to "lease the farm"? Just wondering. kt ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-08-17          144776

KT,

I think we have a difference of scale out west farms could be 1000 or more acres. The case in point here is a 62 acre mini farm partly woods.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
emmigirl

2007-08-17          144778

Correct... 62 mostly wooded acres.. 2 acre meadow.. a cottage...I should not have used the word farm..just a saying i've been raised up with when you are selling things off.. sell the farm..I'm not sure selling it with the land and camp is something the family would go for at this time as we are going to keep the land for one more year or so. Would be a great idea though to sell it all together. If the buyer had cash for the whole shebang it would be great for them, otherwise financing it they would probably pay way more in the long run. Obviously the tractor does not get the use we had planned, therefore we thought someone else could put it to better use. There is 15 grand in the tractor and was hoping not to take a huge loss. I didnt know Kubota was offering such great incentives. I contemplate running it in the local papers and swap sheet or even trying ebay with a reserve price. We dont want to take too big of a hit in our pocket book with a huge loss, but if its not getting used, what good is it for anyone. Like I said a year ago, we need a bulldozer. No joke. We were somewhat misguided when we purchased it. Thanks everyone one for their input. It is very enlightening. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-08-18          144804

Joel; Let's be fair in your slanted view of the CRP and other government farm programs. The group you refer to is funded by people who have no idea of how the federal farm program works, the are just a bunch of whiners, eleven percent of the fund put into the farm bill goes inmto a farmers pocket. The rest is consumed by food and nutrition programs, forestry programs, conservation programs etc. Lets be fair and not give the farmer a bad rap for "Raking it in". I've been a farmer all my life, have had land in the CRP and other farm programs, so I do know how it works. We aren';t golfing while the taxpayer gives us a free ride. Frank. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-08-19          144807

OK this is an example of a Hijacked thread that needs to be pulled into its own thread. Please post any additional commnets on gov't subsidies to its own thread, like under "Farming Ranching" topic.

Any comments about the price of a B7610 are welcome ;)

Dennis
Tractorpoint

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-08-19          144820

Sorry Dennis for breaking the rules, but when someone takes a swing at me or my profession with comments that have no basis or research behind them other than unfounded emotion or jealosy of my profession I AM going to come out of my corner swinging. If anyone is interested in knowing the un biased facts about the farm subsudy program then read the farm bill, it's all there. That's the last of it from me. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login