Go Bottom Go Bottom

504 utility

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-28          103085

I have just aquired a International 504 Utility. It also has a ARPS loader on it. Me thinks the loader is comming off and going into the hedge row.

I am just starting research on it, I have gave it to oldest boy, and we will start restoring it.

Any and all information on the 504 utility series is appreciated.

TIA Harvey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

504 utility

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-28          103088

Make: INTERNATIONAL FWD/REV Standard: 5/1 Hitch Lift:
Model: 504 FWD/REV Optional: Hydraulics-Type:
Years Made: 1961-1968 MFWD-STD/OPT: HYD-CAP:
HP-PTO: 45.99 Tires_SD/OPT: 6.00-16 Tires-STD Front: 12
HP-Engine: Tires-STD Rear: 12.4-38 HVD Std Outlets:
HP-Drawbar: 40.3 Wheelbase - Inch: Cooling Capacity:
Engine-Make: IHC PTO Type: IND Fuel Tank Capacity:
Engine-Fuel: DIESEL PTO Speed: 540 Cab-Std A/C, ROPS:
Engine-CYL(s)-CID: 4/188 3PT Hitch CAT I: Yes Weight: 4458
Transmission-STD: SG 3PT Hitch CAT II: No New Price: $4,190.00
Optional: T A 3PT Hitch CAT III: No

International | 504
Serial Number Year Made Plate Location

16115 1968 RIGHT SIDE OF CLUTCH HOUSING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15113 1967

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13596 1966

10690 1965

7732 1964

7000 1963

810 1962

501 1961

As posted from Tractor Tips. Sweet little machine. I am keeping an eye out for an 84 thru 95 series 600 or 700 piece of red iron myself. They are well built sturdy tractors.

Link:   INTERNATIONAL | 504

504 utility

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-28          103089

Harry is it a hydro? Gas or diesel? ....

504 utility

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-12-28          103092

Buying old stuff gets my heart pumping just as much as buying new stuff. :-)
Dave ....

504 utility

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-28          103093

I guess I should have looked at the pic! Gas and gear! Brakes on those tended to glaze over so roughing them up really good doesn't hurt. Tractors ran good and I can only think that you have the IH two point hich? ....

504 utility

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-28          103094

I'm pretty sure that a 3pt. was available the last couple years. This past summer I saw a 544 diesel hydro drive at a salvage yard in central Iowa. It was a running tractor not a junker, but I don't think it was for sale. I thought I knew of every IHC madel ever built, but that one was a total surprise to me. Kinda like Super H TA's. The IHC archives at the Univ. of Wisconcin say they are all fakes made out of a 300 housings and a streched hood, but I have a friend who owns one, and if it's a fake it's a perfect fake. Faded red paint gets my heart pumping too, but due to some disabilitys that prevent me from working on them anymore I've kind of decided that my collection plus uncountable parts will go on the auction block next summer or fall. Frank. ....

504 utility

View my Photos
harvey

2004-12-29          103108

It's a gasser. Regular transmission. It is 3PH. It belonged to my neighbor, Steve. It came with the house when they bought it. Neighbors only used it a little. 7-8 years ago they could not get any power from it. I worked on it then. It had 3 bent push rods on the exaust side. Steve was diagonised with throat cancer 4-5 years ago so I've been helping out with driveway since for past 3 years. He died at 47 2years ago. It has been parked for 3+ years and not run. I pulled the coil wire and turned it over by hand could not feel and hard spots so started it and drove it home.

I still do the widows driveway and some other yard chores to help out.

It needs lots of TLC to bring it back. But it seems solid.

It will look good next to the old M, maybe with the little green youngster parked between them...

Thanks for the words. 2HL thanks for the numbers.

Harvey ....

504 utility

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-29          103110

Harvey with the three point hitch it is a far more useful tractor or I should say more adaptable. Many of the three point hitch attachments get bent up from the two point hitch when adapted over. The two point gives down pressure which is the problem with the three point hitch attachments. I always hate to see a loader go to the hedge row but you don't need it and the earlier tractors often were not made for loaders. Hardwood, I was young then but the only H's with a TA were made that way in someones shop. We get to see a lot of rolling one rearend up to another front end and engine and bolt on the sheet metal. ....

504 utility

View my Photos
harvey

2004-12-29          103129

Thanks Art! I'd forgotten the 2ph had down pressure. I've spent many hours on the 350 Utility and the 560 row crop. Funny how those details slipped away after years on the green stuff. They were quite the thing in their day.

I meant to also comment about H's and TA's. I've never seen one. I think the M's in 53-54 had the first ones?

I've seen lots of 9 speeds in place of the 5 speeds, but that is mostly the pullers. Nothing quite like the antique tractor pulls...

Hardwood what kind of treasures are you parting with? ....

504 utility

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-12-29          103135

nk. ....

504 utility

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-12-29          103138

Some how I messed up my post just above this one, so here goes again. I once owned a 350 utility and my Dad had a 560, both with fast hitch. If you'll check the owners manual for the fast hitch it will show you the one pin you had to pull that took away all down pressure, they could be used either way, with or without. Far as nine speeds, they were an aftermarket product made by both the M and W Gear Co. or the Heisler Co. in Hudson, Iowa for regular H and M Farmalls, not Supers. They were quite common, some farmers had them installed in brand new tractors by the dealer. Their biggest drawback was that they also sped up the PTO and the hydraulic pump, some of the later ones offered a pump disconect shift lever, I've got an H equiped with a nine speed an pump disconnect. Harvey, I don't know for sure what all I'll sell yet, probably most everything except My Dad's "H". So there will be several down to the last genuine bolt restored tractors, quite a few ready to restore ones, and uncountable parts, hoods, fenders, etc. etc. Enough of my yammer for now. Frank. ....

504 utility

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-29          103146

Hardwood those nine speeds today are rare to find ass the parts have been unavailable for quite some time from M&W and we haven't found a source for the partsw. We had a few of the independent PTO system they retrofitted in but have had to dismantle them. ....

504 utility

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-12-30          103157

Art; This past summer I saw an "M" on a dealer lot with an M and W live PTO unit on the brake drum. I don't know if it still worked or not. We had a real strong Allis Chalmers dealer in our aeria who sold a bunch of their round balers. Most every farmer who bought one of them who ownerd an "M" Farmall had an M and W live PTO kit the following summer after his left leg wore out stoping to take the "M" out of gear while the baler wraped the twine and kicked the bale out. Frank. ....

504 utility

View my Photos
harvey

2004-12-30          103161

Hardwood Me thinks I might have to take some time off and drive to Iowa.

The exchange rate on the $ oughta be similiar to Canada "A". Just kidding...

I would like to add some to my Red stuff. But I would really, really, really... like a JD G with a wide front... ....

504 utility

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-30          103162

Hardwood those are the ones I was refering to! They are tough to get the parts for and if they are still good then they should be coveted to keep them that way unless you know someone that can make parts. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login