Go Bottom Go Bottom

low trans fliud

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-08          57094

checked fluid in trans this morning after noticing yesterday that the cutter seemed really slow to lift. well it's pretty low (barely above add on the stick) just rolled onto 40 hrs . there is no sign of leaks on tractor anywere. were is my fluid going?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-08          57099

If you can't find any signs of a leak or seep. I would top it off and watch it closely. May have been that it was not properly filled at the deal? Probably unlikely. It has got to be going somewhere otherwise. Make sure the case vent is not obstructed. I had a Kubota that would start pushing hyd. oil up through the gear shift levers after long periods of hard use. Turns out a mud dauber built a nest in the trans. vent tube. I cleaned it out with a piece of wire and it never did it again. You would think that much oil lost would definitely be very noticable somewhere? ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
homedad5acre
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-08          57100

I had a leak related to the backhoe on my kubota after tightning the nut I parked it over some newspaper to make sure I got it. The next day I found that the drane plug was also dripping and was loose. Park it hot over some newspaper it might be worth trying. Just a thought. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Art White

2003-06-08          57103

If you haven't checked it before then maybe it was low to begin with. Often with assembly the oil will go down from the addition of additional cylinders and hoses. With it still being over the add mark I don't believe that has any thing to do with it getting slower. Your filter which hasn't been changed yet for your 50 hour service might be the problem. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
TomG

2003-06-08          57118

The level also will vary somewhat depending on whether it's checked when the loader and 3ph are up or down. Like Art said some new implements come from dealers with the cylinders charged and some don't. If you've hooked up a new implement (especially something like a wood splitter) it will take quite a bit from the reservoir. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-08          57130

been watchin all day with it parked on cordboard no sign of leaks nowhere.and I check it every 10 hrs, so this has just happened in the last 10 hrs.shure seems strange that the level can be almost a quarter inch low on stick and have no sign of leak anywhere. been told by friend as well as Art that slow 3pt movment is most likely filter.So it looks like I'm off to dealer for trans service productes tomarrow, hope that fixes the beast.that still don't explain the low oil, I'll have to watch closely after I service it.I'll check vent tube while servicing thanks Chief, and thank you all. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-06-08          57136

That does seem strange. I wonder if it might be leaking only while under load? But even that would be evident. Good luck. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-08          57140

Have you removed or installed the loader or other hyd. impliment recently? Only thing that come to mind is perhaps hyd. displaced air in the system of that impliment lowering the fluid level maybe???? Kind of a stretch. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
TomG

2003-06-09          57142

I doubt there's a hydraulic pump seal problem on a new tractor but you might check the engine oil level. On many tractors a bad pump seal can leak hydraulic oil into the crankcase. That's about the only place oil can get out of the system if it's not going onto the ground or into new implements. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-09          57151

well I found spot on cardboard this morning below vent tube, something must be pluged for it to be coming out there. well I'm off for filter and fluid, I'll ask dealer what to check for when I'm there. hpoeful this isn't to major.( spot was about Quater size). ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Murf

2003-06-09          57154

This is one of those things like in the troubleshooting section of the manual for your TV, "Is it plugged in ?".

In this case, you DID check the fluid with the 3pth & loader (bucket circuit included) cylinders fully retracted, right ?

If the loader or 3pth was anything above full retracted position they would reduce the amount of fluid in the reservior (transmission) of the tractor. If it was refilled with any of the cylinders extended much it could cause the unit to be OVERFULL when they were retracted, in which case it could very well cause some fluid to 'burp' out the vent tube.

Best of luck. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-09          57225

I went through about a quart between o and 20 hours on mine. I assumed it was due to new hoses and conncetions. It is garage parked so I know there are no leaks. My dealer said this was relatively normal dureing the initial 50 hour break in. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-10          57263

The 790 3 pt. is working fine again after oil and filter change. It's hard to believe the filter clogged enuf to slow movement with only 40 hrs on it. I did find some metal shavings on the screen . I'm going to cut the filter open to see what it looks like inside , dealer stated it will be fairly clogged but thats normal in the 50 hr breakin.As far as the oil burpin out vent tube they said that sometimes happens and it not a problem as long as it doesn't continue. (Think I stumped them on that one.)Don't neglect trans service it could be the ruin of the machine.It probley should be done before 50, mine clogged at 40. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-10          57268

Plots, glad to see you got it all straightened out. I am changing my trans fluid and filter this week as soon as the suction screen gasket gets here. The dealer is mailing me a gasket since it did not arrive when I picked up my parts and also threw in a free ignition key. I lost mine and can't figure out for the life of me where I put it. I'll probably find it some weird place 6 months from now. ;o) I suffer from SCRS. I am hoping that I don't have to remove the mmm to pull the filter, but you know how that goes...... "wish in one hand and ____in the other and see which one fills up the quickest. All I have left to finish up the 50 hour break-in service is the trans. oil/filters & the 3 pt. hitch filter. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-10          57272

Gosh. My 4100 does not even HAVE a filter. Wonder what is floating around in there?

But then again every automatic transmission I have seen has only an intake screen. Not sure if that makes me feel better or not. ....

low trans fliud

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-18          57972

It is not that much of a filter Mark, just a cintered bronze cartridge that the hyd. oil flows through. It did catch quite a bit of trash as I saw when I cleaned it out. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login