Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
Doug Liston
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-12          93317

Hope this is the right place to post this. Just unloaded a TC40DA with BH, FEL, BB, rear mower, etc - all the bells and whistles. Got a great deal from Tarheel - Steve there was the best. Went the extra mile and offered some great advice. I would definitely recommend Tarheel for any NH purchase.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-12          93325

Here we go again.. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-12          93353

Kwschumm
They ought to just make a unregistered location just for the "one post wonders" we could call it
"spam central" ???
On second thought "NAH!!!!" ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-13          93470

it sounds like he is happy,,and that is BAD??????????????? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-13          93471

The OP didn't say he was happy about the tractor, he said he was happy about the dealer. Nothing about how he liked the tractor, why he chose that model, what other models he looked at, what he's gonna use it for, what he paid for it, how excited he is about the tractor, etc. Just a promo for the dealer. Since these type of posts from unregistered users often appear promoting this particular dealer and rarely appear about any other dealer ya gotta wonder. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-13          93485

Just bought a NH tractor (TC40a) from a dealer in LaCrosse Wi. Wonderful people to deal with and the sales guy went WAY out of his way to help me (literally, he drove 60 miles to me me and saved me from pulling a 8n over 120 extra miles. Very knowlegeable too. The delivery was perfect with a full tank of fuel. Had a great first 11 hours on it brush hogging and playing with the fel.
Anyone interested in buying from a good guy PM me and I will fill ya in on Where he is!

Now that would be a great way to promote a dealer that really gave good service and for someone who is in my area who is looking to maybe get some inside info. That would not be SPAM just a good honest source of info. (ps) I do and did get that tractor from that great dealer to be mentioned later in a pm! LOL
Kwschumm
Have to agree with you on this one again, at first I felt the way steven did (many months ago) But now I dont. Also dont blame that sponsor because it always could be anouther dealers salesmen that is using that reverse type of thinking, 2 major dealers in the same area
and one has figured out (that we aint just country bumkins and can figure this out) if he spams the board for the other dealer maybe they will by pass it and go to anouther one.
(Now is that a far out and whacked outlook at the world I have ?) I need to move soon!!! Been living too close to a city for too long I think! ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-14          93493

Ken - Your one liners are always Hilarious!! ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
jamese

2004-08-14          93504

KWSCHUMM,,WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE ?Is there a hatred between you and this guy? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-14          93509

What guy? I don't have hatred for anyone here, I just detest spam. This post looked like spam to me because similar posts from unregistered users singing the praises of Tarheel Tractor pop up on a regular basis. I don't have anything against Tarheel, and I'm grateful for them advertising here, but I HATE SPAM. Stick around, you'll see the pattern. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-08-16          93651

A suggestion to whoever controls this site: don't let anyone post to the site unless they register. Take it a step further and require the normal signup information and a credit card for the first years fee. Provide a 30 day trial period where they can cancel and receive a full refund.

In my view, unregistered users posting to a site is analogous to receiving an anonymous complaint in the mail. In my business these go in the trash.

Another item, this site needs a spell checker. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-16          93653

Here is your spell checker... ....

Link:   

Click Here

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-08-17          93698

Thanks DRankin,
I will give it a try. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
jamestsay

2004-08-18          93828

I ordered TC40DA from Tarheel around the end of may and took delivery of the tractor and midwest rotary mower around June 17th in California. There are mix feeling about ordering them from a dealer so far away. Overall, the deal went smoothly. Tarheel's price is good.

The driver unloading the tractor did drove the tractor into a bar in the tailer and hit the ROP despite my advice to remove the bar first. Thus created a big dent on the ROP. I reported it to Brandon but did not make a big deal out of it since I don't think has structural damage. I could just pain over it. Brandon did not offer any resolution either.
I did not get the manual for the tractor and mower. Brandon did mail them to me quickly.

My complain is that I did not receive the chain guard until August 13th. Many email exchange between Brandon in between. Brandon explained that Midwest had reorganization and no one is taking care of orders. The package arrived without packaging at all. Parts are poorly taped together and one of the steel bar is bend. There's no manual either. It looks like I need to drill mounting hols on the mower. I don't know what parts should be included either. The number of chains do not seems to match the number of chain holding holes on the frame. I asked Brandon to send another steel bar, manual and more chains. Brandon's reply was that he will take care of it after he sorts things out. He explains that Midwest believes those parts are durable enough that there's no need for any packaging. Granted that this is not a big problem since the chain guard does not cost that much compare to the tractor. However, now I feel really lucky that the delivery of the tractor went well. I'm not as comfortable as I was at the time of placing the order in repect to ordering it from a remote dealer. What if things go wrong. If it is so difficult and time consuming to resolve a simple problem, how would a more serious problem with the tractor could be taken cared of. However, I should give Brandon a chance to resolve this issue before making any conclusion. I just hope it won't drag on for another month due to Midwest's management problem. I had been mowing without chain guard for two months now. I certainly don't hope to kill someone with stones flying out of the mower. I would like to put on that chain guard as soon as possible. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-18          93834

Sorry to hear your troubles but I have to ask? Why in the lords name did you buy accrossed the country? The price cant be that good? I hope things work out for you maybe contact your mower comp. directly?
As you read more posts here you will repeatedly see the number one reason to buy a tractor brand and it is not because you like the color, it is the dealer that you are comfortable with. Now I know this is no consolation to you,
But Jameststay, you have provided many readers with a great service by proving what this board preaches. The dealer should be very high up on your reasons to buy and it should be local or close enough to trailer to!
Once again sorry for your bad experiance so far and lets just hope that TARHEAL steps up to the plate here? What a PR move it would be if you post next week saying that TARHEAL Apoligized for the incovienance and took care of ALL the troubles .
Good luck Though! ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-20          93910

JAMESTSAY,,did Tarheel save you any money? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
jamestsay

2004-08-20          93957

Stevenc,
I was quoted locally $21,000 for TC35DA with LA-16 Loader, loaded R4. The warranty work would include free tractor pickup. For the same price plus $1000 shipping, I got TC40DA, loaded R4 with LA-16 loader from Tarheel. Did I save money? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-21          93996

Hope you have a local dealer that will do the warranty work if and when needed. I can guarantee you are not a priority to them. Just hope nothing breaks. The reason for the price difference is the discounts given at the time the transaction was given and also your location. Everything costs more in the west. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-21          93998

So let me see if I got this right? You got the larger tractor tc35 vs tc40 for the same price from tar heal instead of your local dealer selling you the smaller one for the same price. You then also paid $1000 MORE for shipping? You may of saved a few hundred bucks at the most. (by my calculations witch could always be wrong?)
Just a good thing its a NEW HOLLAND!!!!! You probably wont need warrentee work!

LOL ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-21          94003

He better hope not anyway! Sounds like he paid the savings in the shipping. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-24          94367

Im happy Ya got that kind of a GREAT deal,,sorry it bothered the dealers in this room ! ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-24          94387

Stevenc, honest question - are YOU a dealer? Or do you work for or have a financial interest in one? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-24          94389

Stevenc once again you have no idea what you are talking about. I really do not care where anyone buys their tractor. What I do care about is when some one buys a tractor far away then have no one to do the warranty work. Like I said before dealers are not required to do any other dealers warranty repairs. Most will not because they lose money on warranty work. Why would a dealer do work for you when you bought the tractor else where and then they are going to lose money to do the work for you? You really need to think before you question my posts because as far as I know there are only a few dealers that post in here and I am the most prevalent when it comes to New Holland. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94400

Stevec - Oneace is not a dealer, He works for one as a mechanic. Do you make a finders fee from Tarheel? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-25          94495

My guess, he is either ruffling some feathers here or the more likely scenario, he works for anouther dealer close to tarheal and wants to use that "funny math". I cant imagine amyone (a dealer) would be so lacking in smarts (to put it nicely) as to do what has been going on here.
I If tarheal has nothing to do with this insanity I would hope these post would go away since they help sponsor this board, wouldnt want to see em pull roots. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-25          94497

Broken I feel about the same way you do. If he does work for a dealer though I am sure they do not know he is posting like this though.
If I were to through my dealers name around like that they would have my butt in a sling fast. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-08-25          94499

let's look at this.
1.steve is in north carolina, tarhill is in north caralina.
2. the salesman listed in the post is steve, steve's name is steve.
3. if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck! ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-30          95017

THchris,,please do look where I have suggested folks to shop,,I suggested many dealers,and I seemed to have helped save them THOUSANDS of dollars,,I think this is a nice,,im thinking this is what the room is for,,savings and advice,,dont you agree? ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-31          95127

Let me put it this way stevenc. We all know who Tarheel and Corriher are there ads are all over this board.It is obvious people can read or they would not be here so they will see the banner ads. What you have "may have saved" them you more than likely created the biggest service headache ever thought possible. Please from now on unless some one asks don't offer. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-31          95137

oneace,,that was mean,, ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-31          95142

I told you.... it's his turn in the barrel.

SteveNC.... you are losing your credibility here. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-31          95165

ROTFLMAO !!! ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
bvance

2004-08-31          95177

Let's go back to the very first post by Doug Liston. If that post wasn't spam, why doesn't he weigh in on this and clarify his position? I'm a new tractor owner and find this board very helpful with the couple of questions I have posted and just the general info that is available from folks with a lot more experience at tractor related issues than I am.

If I had just unloaded my tractor (and I did about a month ago) and went to the trouble of finding this board and posting that first message I would be checking in to this post and would be most interested in adding creditability to my first post. No question about it....it's spam and those that defend him or other's like it, I gotta believe they are likely a part of it.

As I said, I'm a new member and I would like to think we all could come to this site to get good honest feedback and input without getting all wrapped around the axle with folks intent on taking advantage of a good thing. I get enough of that during the day....don't need it from cowards afraid to state their true intentions. If a dealer asked them to post (shame on the dealer) at least they should post an appropriate disclaimer. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-31          95181

rvance
Please stick around. There is allot of info to be gained here. Most of us here hate the spam posts are are trying to eliminate them. I work for a dealer but you will hardly ever see me even mention the name or location of the dealer unless i am directly asked to do so. With all of us together we have an IQ of about 1,000,000. Some body here is always eager to answer any questions you may have. We also value any input you may have as well. Thanks for posting and keep faith in this site as we weed out the spammers. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-31          95212

I'm trying to figure out if stevenc is the Steven Corriher that lives in Mocksville, NC or the Steven Corriher that lives in China Grove, NC. Both Mocksville and China Grove seem to be within 30 miles or so of Corriher Tractor. Hmmm. ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-09-02          95385

bvance,
I am also new to this board, having joined in June. As you read the posts you will soon learn who has good information and who is full of bull. Also, check out the other boards, just because you have one brand of tractor doesn't mean you won't find valuable information on the other tractor boards.

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
jamese

2004-09-10          96151

and He helped me save some money,,im sorry to see him go,,or being made to leave ....

Tarheel Tractor Purchase

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-09-11          96231

I was surfing the web and I came across the derivation of the the term Tar Heel.

"When Carolina was divided in 1710, the southern part was called South Carolina and the northern, or older settlement, North Carolina. From this came the nickname the “Old North State.” Historians have recorded that the principle products during the early history of North Carolina were "tar, pitch, and turpentine." It was during one of the fiercest battles of the War Between the States, so the story goes, that the column supporting the North Carolina troops was driven from the field. After the battle the North Carolinians, who had successfully fought it out alone, were greeted from the passing derelict regiment with the question: "Any more tar down in the Old North State, boys?" Quick as a flash came the answer: "No, not a bit, old Jeff's bought it all up." "Is that so; what is he going to do with it?" was asked. "He's going to put on you-un's heels to make you stick better in the next fight." Creecy relates that General Lee, upon hearing of the incident, said: "God bless the “Tar Heel” boys," and from that they took the name."

Link:   TarHeel Description

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login