Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
iluvdez
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-11          76623

Hey all-
Is it worth the extra $500 for the 3204 over the 2523 to get a hydraulic lift and power steering? (as far as I can tell, that's the only differences between the two). Oh also, Cub Cadet's web site says the 3204 is 23 HP, but every other website lists it as 20 HP - which one is correct? Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-11          76624

The hydraulic lift is nice if you have a large mower deck and frequently raise or lower the deck. It is also helpful if you are mounting a snow blower on it. A Snow blower is much heavier than the mower deck. I would sit on the one without power lift and manually lift it several times to get a feel. Likewise, power steering is good for when you have a snow blower attached or just mowing applications with allot of sharp maneuvering. I have arthritis in my shoulders and that helps allot. The power options are also a good thing if your wife or children are using it. The ease of operation is the key thing. Sorry, I have older cadets so can't help you with current models. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-11          76626

Well I have the 3204 (see pictures) and if the difference was only $500 between the 2518 (replaced by the 2523) I would have jumped for joy like i won the lottery !!
My point being when I bought my 3204 last year the price difference was closer to $1000 or more.
The 3204 is substantially more machine than the 2500 series.
And thats not taking away from the 2500 series at all, because it is also a fantastic machine. The 3204 is a lot heavier, has a stronger frame (9 guage), Hydrolics, shaft coupler attachments -no belts real nice touch !!
You get more HP than last years model, and its less money
How can you say no? let us know how you decide !!

My biggest complaint about Cub is their web site!! They must have the worst web masters in the world because the specs have been screwed up for way to long. Its always out of date, slow, and inaccurate. Very unprofessional and should be no excuses as to why. Web sites are the easiest to design and correct, and obviously they dont have a good hosting service.

Duc ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-11          76627

Duc, like most computers they only tell you what they have been told. Sometimes it is very hard to keep up with them as it is an expense that is hard to put a number to! ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-11          76635

Hi Art,

As with any company a web site is a reflection of that company. A web site is one of the most effective methods of product launches. Its sometimes the only means to get updated information. They pay people to do this, and to be accurate in their info. It takes longer to type this, then it is to fix the spec errors on that site. Its a large company with deep resources, so its really unacceptable.
I fire people who make mistakes like this, because its shows someone didnt take the time out to double check the information or correct it in a timely fashion. I'm also deeply rooted in all aspects of Networks, Video applications and technology, thats how I make my livelyhood. Web site design is the least complicated
of what I'm involved with. Beside working for a company, I also run my own at the same time, in technology.
Their web site had these mistakes for months now, its time for accountability on their part, to say the least otherwise it reflects negatively on a company. Their site has been sluggish or off line many times over the past year.
Its the perception now that speaks louder because of this..

Art, I say this to you respectfully of course and maybe you can catch a corporate ear and advise them of this issue?

Ducati

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-11          76639

What really toasts me is when there's a factual error in the specs, and you take the trouble to tell them about it, and they STILL don't fix it. That is inexcusable. It's what, a two minute job to edit something? ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-11          76649

Knowing the owners, to me I think that the internet is not of there main concern. Should it be, YES it should be because it is one of the changes of sales that is getting to be one of the more important ways to display hopefully correct information. The owners are conservative in nature and I don't think they are aware of the potential of it. For many people today it is a push of a button and very easy to adjust a website as I've watched some of my freinds write programs as well as build websites without even flinching where for me I felt more comfortable 10 years ago when I built our first by hunt and peck and a few mistakes. Thanks to my friends I got through it. Cadet is currently with it's hundred larger dealers this week where it is warm on the Big Island in the Pacific, no my brother went! I will make mention to them as to getting some choices made. There thoughts unlike deere which plans to go to inernet sales for most all items within the next few years, are to stay out of retailing and leave it up to the retail stores to get the info out to the people. I know that is not what you may want to hear or expect to hear but they are quite conservative. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-11          76657

Art,

I appreciate your insight on them! Even the most conservative of companies understand the power of the Internet. Its a shame they dont capitalize on it..

Thanks again,

Ducati

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-11          76663

Ducati, they have never been in retailing till they purchased Cadet in 82' and since then it's been a learning curve for them. I'll get to some of the wheels when they return and make mention to them. I do believe they know but it's a matter of time vs value to them. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-11          76674

Art,
While we are on the subject of Cub, can you confirm for me if the 44" deck fits on the 3235 series with no tire rub from the 24" tires? I scored some Carlisle Super Lugs and 3235 Rims and I want to see if fits. The area of concern would be at the rear guide wheels on the deck...

As for the management at Cub, thats a shame they arent concerned about their web site as much as they should be.
I learned about the Cub before I saw any dealer, so I knew what i was looking for before shopping...

Thanks again,

Ducati ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-11          76682

I would think that it should fit with no problem. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
bparran

2004-02-11          76692

I have a 3204 that is 20hp. I like the hydraulic lift and power steering BUT.... check the price difference for the attachments. A front snow blade will cost you $1500 for the 3204 vs $500 for the smaller tractor. A tiller goes for $3000 for the 3204 and about $1500 for the smaller tractor. The manual lift attachments for the smaller tractor are MUCH more reasonable. If I had to do it all again I would go with the smaller tractor. If I'm not mistaken the smaller tractor also has a cast iron tranny like the 3000's and are built plenty tough. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-12          76700

bparran ,

I think your prices on the attachments are quoted really high but I get your point. There is a lot more invloved in the attachments that show in the price difference. You have the front mount Hydrolic lift for the Blade and Blower. On the Blower the ease of installing or removal is incredibly
easy. The Shaft coupler is a real nice plus and its quick disconnet. The Hydrolic tiller is a lot less than $3k more like $2200.
Keep in mind they dropped the price of the 3204, added more HP, so what we paid for our machine compared to whats offered now for less makes it the biggest factor of all..

Besides there is nothing like 2 finger control of a machine blowing snow or mowing. One finger on the wheel, the other on the lift lever. Thats worth a $500 difference

Ducati

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
rickie

2004-02-12          76710

Hi all -
I started this thread, and thought I'd let you know what we decided. We bought a 3204 - $4999 for the 2004 model. The HP has changed from 20hp in 2003 to 23hp in 2004. The dealer gave us a nice trade-in on our old White, so we're happy with the way things turned out. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-12          76716

Congrats, on you new machine and welcome aboard!!

What size mower did you get?

Ducati ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
bparran

2004-02-12          76722

Ducatti,

The prices came stright from several Cub dealers. Check it out for yourself. The front blade and hydraulic attachment is $1200 for manual angle and additional $300 for hydraulic angle. This does not include the labor to install. The hydraulic tiller is $2000 to $2200 depending on who you call the required Cat 0 3pt hitch is $700+ installed, plus the weight box, tax etc puts it over $3k. The 3204 is a good strong tractor no doubt, just expect to pay lots more for the attachments. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-12          76728

bparran,

I think the guy made the better choice already...besides tax's ( no control over) which depending on where you live you can buy out of state, the price of the tiller is $2200 with hitch.
And I know what the blower and hitch cost since I have them (around $2200)..never thought about the blade but its much less..as for a tiller choice it will be a 3pt for my 4100

Ducati

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
bparran

2004-02-12          76740

The prices I stated are right on IF you are starting from a bare tractor. In other words the 3pt hitch is necessary to use the Cub tiller and is not included in the price of the tiller like the one for the 2000 series is. To use a snowblower or front blade you have to get a $700 ($1200 for hydraulic angling) hydraulic interface for the front. Thats in addition to the $500 blade or the cost of the blower which I never checked. ....

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
bparran

2004-02-12          76741

Here ya go, Cub 3000 accessories, just do the math.

Remember to add an installation amount too.

3-Point Hitch 525.00
42" Tiller (req. front weights) 2,299.00
Spring Cultivator (req. 3-point) 329.00
Tandem Disc (req. 3-point) 629.00
Mold Board Plow (req. 3-point) 599.00
Front Weight Bracket 89.00
Weights (2 - 42 lb ea) 129.00
54" Front Blade (req. front hitch) 389.00
Front Hitch System 749.00
Hyd. Front Angle Kit 349.00
45" Snow Thrower (req. front hitch) 1,449.00
Mulch Kit for 54" deck 288.00
42" Lawn Sweeper 349.00
Sunshade 149.00
17 Cu. Ft. H.D. Dump Cart 319.00

Cub Cadet 3204 or 2523

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-02-12          76750

bparran ,

I can only confirm prices on what I have bought or what quotes I have in hand. Your prices seem about right overall
and your point being that they are not cheap, and are more expensive than mechanical lift systems (2500 series). I was quoted a tiller with hydro lift for my machine for $2250, which I have in writing. For me its not a consideration to pursue because I'm using another device but when I got the machine I was looking hard at it. I have the blower, weights & hitch and your prices were close on that. You can see my pictures on my profile..
Look at this way anybody who buys a 2004 3204 gets it for less than what we paid for it plus get more HP !!
Overall it will be a real good year for Cub because their 2500 series is a strong machine, as well as the 3204 being lower priced.

Ducati

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login