Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub 7274 engine to frame mount bolt

View my Photos
larry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-18          69035

My Cub 7274 has lost 1 of the engine to block mounting bolts -Does anyone know the size of this bolt?
My pther ones are tight & I don't want to disturb them if possible
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-19          69070

Sounds like a good question for a dealer and that way if it happens to be a special bolt you'd find out. There's a chance a dealer wouldn't know off hand because parts manuals sometimes don't describe standard hardware.

If a dealer's no help, I wouldn't remove another bolt to get the size if there's a possibility that something might shift. Otherwise I'd just take another one out and retorque it. You'd need a torque wrench and torque values can be taken the bolt head markings and head size. There's probably a torque table in an owner's manual.

For a complete do it yourself job, there are tables that give shaft size by head size and bolt head markings ID either SAE inches or metric types. The head markings will ID the grade of bolt. That would get you to the right bolt size in standard course thread in either metric or inches. The issues in selecting bolt length is that you don't want the shoulder longer than the mounting thickness, and you want the length a little shorter than a blind hole or slightly longer than a through hole. A calipers would be used to take the measurements. ....

View my Photos
jkinney

2003-11-19          69081

The engine bolts on these tractors are a weekly checkoff item. You can read previous posts including one person who bought a used tractor that had broken engine bolt holes.
Ive had them loosen even after using locktite. ....

View my Photos
larry

2003-11-19          69084

Do you by chance know the size of the bolt?
Thanks ....

View my Photos
jkinney

2003-11-24          69458

Larry: I dont recall the size of the bolt You can always pull out another one and take it to a fastner supply, which I recommend in order to get the proper Grade. The dealer charges alot for bolts. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-24          69497

Those bolts are $2.28 a piece. ....

View my Photos
larry

2003-11-24          69516

Art
Could you send me couple ?
Pay you by card over the phone ??
Thanks ....

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-28          75306

This issue has come up several times. All Cub owners in the 7200 and 7300 series should check their engine mounting bolts. I hadn't checked my 7275 in over 100 hours. Two bolts were completely out and the other six were loose.

If you don't know the location, on the right side about a foot or foot and a half behind the right front tire is the Cub nameplate with your serial number. About 2 inches to the left are two bolts in vertical alignment that are about 3 inches apart. It uses a 17mm hex wrench. The other two on that side are about eight inches forward of that, in vertical alignment again. Some hoses,etc. cover the lower right one up alittle. There are four more on the left side in the same place.

I've been an advocate of telling others to check these but haven't listened to my own warnings. Everything was ok but diaster was close.

View my Photos
larry

2004-01-28          75328

Yes I learned the hard way also
Got replacements from Art
I nave finally given in a bought a 60" rear blower-this winter has been a killer & I have no more room to push snow & we are not going to get a much deserved January thaw so I will fight the battle a different way ....

View my Photos
hbrock

2004-07-14          90845

I am extremely interested in knowing the number of cases. I have a meeting with Mitsubishi 7/26/04 to discuss this and other problems. Please send any responces hbrock. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-07-14          90851

I think this is a serious issue. I have had to tighten my bolts (3) times during the period that I've owned it. Twice several bolts had completely fallen out and the rest were loose by atleast three bolt revolutions. Mine is a 7275 with 700 plus hours. Would think they should have aleast a lockwasher under the head.

With regard to other issues you may want to describe to them is:
1. Almost everybody has trouble with interlocks that prevent the starter from turning over. Mine is the rear PTO; you have to jiggle the PTO handle to get it to start. It has been serviced several times, it works better for a while than acts up again.
2. The fuel lines rub against one another as it is routed along the frame body. Eventually, you get "Old Faithful".
3. They should offer one more seat position hole for guys 6 ft. tall.
4. They should reposition the loader hand valve or cover it with soft rubber as I have done to save my right knee cap when driving over rough terrain.

It is a great tractor! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login