Go Bottom Go Bottom

Has anyone hooked up a snow thrower to their Cub 3204 feedback

View my Photos
Ducati996
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-18          62104

Hello all,
Has anyone hooked up a snow thrower to their Cub 3204 ( or similiar model)feedback? how well does it work ? Were wheel weights and chains used? the hydrolic lift arm easy to remove? I beleive the 45" thrower is the same for a lot of models in the 3000 series...I just need to know how well it works overall, and is it a good setup...

Thanks in advance!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-18          62137

Go for it. Get the additional ballast as they are not light. If you don't have one yet they have had this model out a few years and there are some used ones from time to time. ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-08-19          62155

Thanks Art,

This is exactly the feedback I needed to hear, since I never seen how the hydrolic's are hooked up. Got any pictures?

A few reasons why I'm strongly thinking of going with the 3000 series 45" thrower over the other options. I have a Cub 125 w/ a single stage but I'm out of room and I'm sending it up north to a relatives house (temporarily). The attachment on a JD 4100 is real expensive, so it comes down to the 3000 series cub which is less than half the JD option.

Once you use a blower/thrower it impossible to change back... on the overall scope of things, its really not a big problem, and I'm thinking about it now so I have plenty of time to think it through

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-20          62278

I'm not great with the features of the computers as far as getting you pictures but I think you need the owners manual for what you need. The 3000 series would probably double the distance of your 125. I would also say we put a lot of chains on them as well a s the weights. If you are keeping the Drive really clean you might want to try it with out chains but 99% are with them. ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-08-29          62870

I need to also ask for a price check for a 2 stage blower
for a 3204 series ...I think its the 45" version along with the
front hydrolic attachment...

anybody have any idea what they go for??

Thanks

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-30          62906

Sounds like these are front blowers and that's what you want.

For my own situation I prefer a 3ph blower. They are a lot less expensive, but the real reason is that I couldn't get the work done I need to unless both a blower and loader are available. I might rethink my attitude if I had really long drives to clear. It'd be less of a pain in the neck and my 3ph blower will clear light snows a lot faster than I'm willing to drive in reverse.

All of this reminds me that it's time to do a major greasing on the blower's pto shaft, and this year I'll have to take a link out of the drive chain. Getting to be that fall stuff time of year again.

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-08-30          62915

Hey Tom G,

Thanks for the reply..I'm not sure if you are familiar with the 3000 series from Cub. They are garden tractors that do not have a CAT 1 3 pt setup like our CUT's do. I have a JD 4100, which the price for the Front mounted thrower is expensive no doubt. The Cub's attachement is a lot less, and is close(not exactly) to the price of the Rear mounted thrower's you are talking about. I'm going front mounted regardless (too many driveways to contend with- I'm not looking backwards all that time) The Cub's attachement is the direction I'm heading. I know its the end of summer but I like to think ahead, way ahead...

I do not have the actual price on this units from my dealer (many requests-and still no idea) so I'm open to who
can supply it...

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-31          62940

Sounds like a good plan. For a front blower on any compact, Art's comment about chains is good to keep in mind. I have few traction problems on frozen gravel and snow pack with turf tires and 3ph blower on a heavier tractor. However, sometimes I could use more steering getting around sharp corners and a front blower or blade for that matter. Steering is more of a problem for front mounts and it may be a greater problem than traction. Chains help steering even on 2wd tractors. ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-09-13          63771

This next question possibly Art would know right away.
The stock 2 ply tire on a 3204 series, is not a true 23 x 9.5 -12. Its on the small size for sure, and not durable.
I just received and mounted Carlisle Turf masters 4 ply
which are the stock size of 23 x 9.5- 12. Its night and day a bigger & better tire even though I stayed with the stock size. Now clearence around the wheel wheel is a lot less,
and now I'm not sure when i receive my winter chains, they will have enough room. Just when you think you thought of everything..

I question that Cub should have factored in since their 23 x 9.5-12 is not a true size, is when the owner needs a new tire and since, they should have made the wheel large enough. I cant see how lugs would work as well...

Does anybody have carlisle Turf masters (23 x 9.5-12) and chains setup on their Cub 3204 ? ( the odds on this as rare I'm sure)

Always a new problem to resolve,

Ducati996 ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-12-07          70482

FYI,

Finally got to use my Cub 3204 and 45" thrower this weekend.
I'm very, very happy. Tons of power, zero slippage, quiet operation, handled all snow types effortlessly...
Exceeded all my high expectations, and then some...I just need a cab !! (just kidding- I can handle being a snowman!)

Ducati996 ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-01-29          75419

Some action pictures from yesterdays 13.5" dusting

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-29          75437

Looks like you've got it working! ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-01-30          75450

Hi Art,

Ive had it ready for snow since october..We are having a good busy snow season thats for sure...

Quick question regarding how much thottle should be used when mowing or blowing. The debate is around full throttle
all the time while under load. Just wondering

Thanks,

Duc ....

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-01-30          75454

Considering:
1) Ground speed should be safe.
2) Implement RPM and ground speed within Mfg's. guidelines.
3) Engine should not be abused.

Engine speed should generally be above the RPM that peak torque occurs, for heavy loading. This allows the engine to recover if the load increases, instead of stalling. Setting engine RPM to peak horsepower or adjusting PTO RPM to 540 ( or whatever) guarantees this condition.
For snow blowing the fan and auger work best higher RPM's.
Ditto for rotary mowers, etc.

One glaring exception is that post hole diggers should be operated at the slowest practical RPM, usually just above idle speed. But then this is not a 'loaded' situation.
bliz ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login