Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
Vic
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-14          57655

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a compact tractor. After looking at JD 4010 and Kubota BX, I'm thinking the Cadet 7264 is best/most tractor for the price. Any feedback on this tractor is appreciated. I plan to mow 3 to 5 acres regularly with the 60" deck, will need to snowblow 350' driveway with considerable drifting also. I'm wondering about the "on-demand" 4-wheel drive as compared to the straight 4-wheel drive offered in the 7260 and 7265.

Thanks, Vic

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-14          57661

The service on a Cub Cadet are spotty, some dealers do waranty claims on the larger tractor some don't. I would also look at the CK-20 Kioti for the price. I think the resale will be better on the JD or the Kubota. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
DaveM

2003-06-22          58116

What Peters says about the service may be true. From what I've heard JD and Kubota seem to take care of their sales better. On the other hand I have a 7234, about 6 years old with the Mitsubishi engine and drive train and it has only been back to the dealer once in 6+ years. The tractor runs well and has been an excellent tractor for me, plowing lots of snow, moving trees, landscaping etc., everything you want a "motorized wheel" barrow for! I not familiar with the new version of the Cub with the Diahatsu engine and not sure why they changed manufacturers from Mitsubishi but if it is as good as the original CC it would be an excellent tractor for you. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-22          58120

There seems to be a mixture of suppliers for the tractors which means that the dealer and parts center has a hard time stocking the parts necessary. If you have to go back to Japan everytime you need a part it takes time.
The new tractors motors are Daihatsu. Diahatsu is known for the mini deisel trucks and cars in Japan and Europe. Some larger trucks here. I am not sure they are manufacturing the tractors, they have not in the past or that another manufacture is placing them in their tractors, like Toro does. It could still be Mitsubishi supplying tractors. One tractor in the current line up is a Daejong (Kioti) 7360. There was a post here that there was a 8XXX series introduced that would feature more Daejong. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
melensdad
Posts: 90 Northwest Indiana, near Lowell and 8 miles from Beecher, Illinois

2003-07-02          58737

I just looked at the Cub, JD, Kubota and just bought a NH CT24D. I have a small Cub 1682 (and it is great) and my dealer is also a Kubota dealer, he has a Cub 7264 on the lot and he recommended Kubota over the Cub. He never did me wrong but said Cubs have lower resale + higher costs. NH was the low priced unit -after haggeling. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
Vic

2003-07-08          59168

The best quote I got for the Cub 7264 with 5' Belly Mower and 54" Snow Blower is $15,000. The NH TC24 with mower, blower and recommended rear counter wieghts was $19,000. The Blower alone was $5,000. What did you pay?? ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-07-08          59169

I paid $11,200 for the NH CT24D tractor. I already had 2 mowers (rough + finish) and 2 blades so when I was pricing the tractors I was not looking for packages or implements. And I have a Cub Cadet 1862 Garden Tractor with a 48" snowblower + a 54" mower deck. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
Art White

2003-07-09          59190

Service is service. Unfortunatly what one person refers to as service as to the next is the problem. We just had a fellow bring in his Cadet mower last week and it was a model we didn't sell. Two days later, he's on the phone chewing out everyone here he can telling us how bad we are and we should have stocked those parts even though we don't sell them! He also let on that the dealer he bought it from, is no good, thats his neighbor! We are on what I call a four day roll here, if it's going to be here longer than four days we send a loaner out at no charge to those people who buy from us here,especially if the lawn isn't done! We couldn't even get three days which is what was promised to this fellow! We are not always perfect but we do keep trying, I think most dealers do. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-07-09          59193

You marry the dealer but you live with the brand. I want a dealer with good service FIRST the BRAND I buy comes second. I am lucky to have a Deere/Toro Dealer and Cub/Kubota dealer 5 miles east, plus NH dealer 7 miles west. I own Cub & NH because I trust the dealers & they treat me very well. The Deere/Toro dealer didn't seem to care if I bought or not. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-07-09          59194

Vic
Did you call Corriher Equipment? They have the BEST prices on NH and after I mentioned them my local dealer's price dropped like a rock! Also, look at another brand of blower, you'd be surprised how much prices vary from brand to brand. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
46Knucklehead

2003-07-29          60412

Glad I tripped across you guys.
I'd decided to get a Kubota BX2200 w/60" deck, 48" front loader & 48" scraper box when I looked a a Cub 7264.
I have a 1981 Cub 108 that I love so I thought I may change my mind and get it instead of the Kubota, but what a couple of you said about resale and service availability are BIG issues to me. That and the fact that the cheapest quote on the Cub is $16,200 vs the Kubota at $13,075, both with the same goodies.
On another note, does anyone know where I can get the creeper gear for my old Cub 108?
I'd like to keep it and hook it to a dump trailer when the Kubota comes in and do a lot of dirt moving.
Thanks. ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
bensovd

2003-09-22          64580

I bought the 7264 26HP Diesel in July and have about 40 hours on it. So far its been excellent, I'd recommend this tractor and belly mower, we'll see how the blower works soon enough....... Vic ....

Cub Cadet 7264

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-23          64623

Knucklehead, The creeper drives for a 108 cadet might be a little hard to find new. Good luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login