Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
JerryL
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-11          43702

My Cub Cadet dealer nearby has a new 7265 with 476 loader he is willing to sell me for $16,250. I know it is a deal but how good of a deal? Can this model handle a loader okay? It will be used for a variety of chores around 10 acres of hilly land. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
Ted@Abbeywoods, LLC

2002-10-11          43707

Yes, and a 7 1/2ft backhoe with sub-frame too. For a new machine with FEL it is what I see as the going price. You are getting a $3700 FEL for the price of the tractor alone. Respect it for what it is, don't abuse it, and it will outlast you by a very wide margin. One word of advice, ask the dealer what he knows about MTD dropping the Mitsubishi tractors in favor of the new American models. Watch his face really closely when he gives you his answer, then maybe you'd like to share with us how that moment went. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
larry

2002-10-12          43739

Mr Ted@abbeywoods a question
Have you had any trouble with the Neutral Safety Switch(s) on
your Cubs?
You seem to be in the know about Cubs & I sometimes have a hell
of a time getting my 7274 to start it requires much jiggling of the pto handles or the the range selector arm with the key "on"
It just catches & then no problem
Thanks in advance ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
Ted@Abbeywoods, LLC

2002-10-12          43760

Dear Larry,
The neutral safety switch is adjustable, and because of the way it is designed, they rarely fail. That isn't to say that yours isn't the problem, it may be. Before you go too far down the path to crazy trying to figure it out, let me tell you that there was a service bulletin for series 7000 Mitsubishis that may be exactly your problem.
Try this test: with the range select lever in one of the neutral slots, key the switch to start position - DO NOT JIGGLE OR MOVE THE RANGE LEVER! Do you get a click from the starter but the starter does not turn? Now turn your key to the glow position for the count of ten, then to start. Does the starter run and the engine start? If the answer is yes, then you need to order the starter relay fix kit.
This kit is a relay (with instructions) that connects between the hot side of your ignition switch and the starter solenoid. As the Mitsubishi starter ages the lever that engages the starter drive requires more current to operate. The relay ensures that enough juice hits the coil at exactly the right time. This is a fix that the average mechanic can do in about one to two hours without breaking a sweat. You get the kit by special order from your CC dealer.
If the answer is no, and jiggling the range lever does crank the starter while you hold the key to "start," then you need to adjust the neutral safety switch to factory spec's or replace it. In either case, it isn't big bucks or major surgery. If this is of no help, post again and I'll go a bit deeper into my bag of tricks. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
JerryL

2002-10-14          43806

Ted,
I'm usually not dense. Is it your opinion that my offer is a very good deal?
As far as your request, I went and visited the dealer Friday evening. I asked him eyeball to eyeball if they are making any changes to next years line. He looked at his shoes and said they haven't made any changes in the last few years. His answer was a round-about, yes, they are changing. In addition he said Cadet is offering a rebate to him of $750.00 to move the machines off the floor. He said Cadet REALLY wants the tractors sold. He also informed me that the cadet he want's to sell me is a 2001 model. 7 Hours, still brand new. This dealer is also my neighbor. Should I jump on it or see what next year brings. I KNOW I won't get the free loader though :).
Thanks
Jerry ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
Ted@Abbeywoods, LLC

2002-10-14          43820

Jerry, your original post said the FEL was included. The suggested retail price is $16459 for the tractor only, if the price is for $16250 on just the tractor I'd pass. There is no great savings on a machine that soon will be dropped from the CC line up. I think your dealer friend is giving you an evasive answer in that there are NEW 7000 series tractors, made in the USA, being sold right now. The Mitsubishi made 7000's haven't changed since 2001, this is true, but it seems that they will be phased out in favor of the USA built units, which to me are not even close to the Japanese product. Now you need to decide if this sounds like a good deal to you, in light of your not getting the FEL, on a soon to be discontinued machine that is being sold for only about $250 bucks less than list. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
JerryL

2002-10-14          43823

I apologize. I shouldn't ever do two things at once. The deal is for the tractor AND FEL. Both for 16,250. The dealer is passing it off as a free FEL, reg price for the tractor. If I passed until next year he won't throw in the FEL. That's what I meant. Should I jump on it or pass. I really appreciate the help! ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
larry

2002-10-14          43825

Hi JerryL
He is telling you to buy it with the FEL that is a good deal
for a good tractor ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
Ted@Abbeywoods, LLC

2002-10-15          43852

It is an excellent buy on an excellent tractor. Good luck and if any problems arise chances are you'll find the solutions here. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
PJ2

2002-10-16          43890

Ted do you have the no. of that starter rix kit? ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
PJ2

2002-10-16          43891

Sorry I meant to say starter relay fix kit. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
jdfan

2002-11-17          45075

not a bad deal, local dealer has the same offer but adds a 60 belly mower for 17200, so i would say he should have 500 or so to play with ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
Ted

2002-11-18          45115

No Larry, you most certainly are not an idiot. If there is any failing it is on the Cub Cadet end. The Realy is a Bosch unit and its part number is CC 925-1375, it lists for 22.59 but most dealers will sell it for 20.33, and still make their fair share. THIS HOWEVER, IS NOT ALL THERE IS TO THE STORY. Your dealer must, if they can find their phone, call CC Parts (330 273 7150) and ask that they fax the installation instructions to them, or you. Without the instructions you won't have a clue what to do. Also, you will need a 20A fuse and holder, four five foot lengths of multi-colored 14GA multi-strand wire, and an assortment of crimp on connectors. The instructions are easy to follow and the fix is a good one, my 7275 starts perfectly afterwards.

Neither you, nor anyone else should be made to feel petty due to the ignorance of a dealer. Unfortunately, and this is one reason an L35 Kubota is parked behind my CC7275, MTD is going downhill fast. MTD doesn't care about its dealers, or its customers. They are concentrating on making a fast buck and moving on. Their products run the distance from simple and cheap to complex and expensive, yet they remain understaffed at best and incompetent at the worst when it comes to after the sale service. Did you know that in all of MTD there is only one (1) Mitsubishi diesel expert?

MTD is also not too fussy when it comes to who sells their products. I know of several hole-in-the-wall shops that have absolutely no diesel training, have no workshop manuals, no factory tools, and sell the 7000 series Cubs. So it was no surprise to me that in the movie "Sling Blade" that the homicidal moron "Karl" went to work for a Cub Cadet dealer and murdered the "bad guy" with what looked like a Cub garden tractor mowing deck blade. At least "Karl" could figure out how to sharpen it. I doubt if your dealer could have done as much. Good luck, Larry. Let us know how you make out. And for gosh sakes, find a dealer who will work for you, not against you. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
Grizzly J

2003-11-16          68935

I just purchased a new 7265 with the latest FEL model 638 and a 72" Woods mower for $17100 OTD. My dealer tells me that with this new FEL the controler stays on permanently even when the FEL is removed. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
groznak

2004-04-03          82043

I just found a 2001 Cub Cadet 7265 with a 72" mower deck and a 72" back blade offered for sale at $10,000.

How does that rate on the "good deal" scale? ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
DaveM

2004-04-04          82065

Ted, you don't know the Service Bulletin number do you? I have had a little problem, almost a delay in turning the key and the starter engaging for several months. The original (1996 I think) battery went last year on my 7234 but I have noticed a starter hesitation/delay recently. This could be the problem.

Thanks,
Dave Mc. ....

Cadet 7265 Price

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-05          82186

I found that when it doesn't start, you don't need to wiggle the neutral position of the hydr. Mine needs a readjustment at the rear PTO. I wiggle the rear PTO handle. (i.e. your PTO can't be engaged for start-up for obvious safety reasons). I haven't had the time to readjust it, but it can't be too difficult. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login