Go Bottom Go Bottom

DongFeng DF-Bulldog 38hp vs Kama 35hp

View my Photos
RonNYS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-07          82403

Looking to buy , gets more confusing the more research I do,
How long have these tractors been in America? will they still
be in U.S. 5-10 yrs from now when I need parts and service. The savings are huge but if they don't exist 5yrs later is it worth the chance
Ron

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Harryg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-07          82410

RonNYS,
I can't say for sure how long they (Dong Feng and Kama) have been around but it has been a while. At least 8 years to my knowledge. Both are solid China tractor companies and their market share goes up every year. I own one of the other China tractors(Jinma) and heve no problem with support and or parts availability. Jinma goes from the 18 up to the 35 HP range and Dong Feng and Kama are in the larger hp ranges. Each has its niche in the market. I don't see either/any of them going anywhere except increased market share. 2 dealers I would recommend are Glenn from Coastal tractor and Chip Uren from Artrac. Each deals with several China brands. I personally purchased from Glenn and others I know have purchased from Chip. All were satisfied. I've included both links below.
Regards, Harry G in upstate NY where spring still won't come.
http://www.tractorloft.com/default.htm

http://www.artrac.com/ ....

View my Photos
dcatech

2004-04-07          82435

I am the proud owner of a DF354 with a Koyker 160 FEL. It is one of the best investments I have ever made. The tractor is made by the DFAM group in China. I have found that, like the Jinma, it is marketed under several names. Terraplane, DF, Taskmaster, Diesel Force and Noriker in Canada are some that I have come across. I have not needed very many parts in almost 200 hours of use. The parts I did need have been very easy to get. At the most a two day wait for shipping. I went with the DF over the Jinma and Kama for several reasons. The DF had heavier duty axels than the Jinma and was geared slower. My neighbor has the 304 Jinma and its ground speed in one-low is too fast for a tiller. The Kama had better ground clearance in the rear end but with that ground clearance comes a higher center of gravity. I have hills that I need to keep the center of gravity as low as possible on. The only thing I wish my tractor had was R4 tires. I see that Terraplane now sells the DF with R4 tires. I read an article on the internet recently that Cummins had aquired a stake in DongFeng and that it will be known as DongFeng Cummins. I have not been able to verify this. Good luck and have fun tractor shopping. Mark ....

View my Photos
RichardRWatson

2005-06-03          111899

Hi Mark,

I am a Noriker Dealer in Ontario. We now have the R4 tires available for our clients. I would imagine that TM and Bulldog would also have them available.

The DFAM products are very good units. They are not fancy, no cup holders etc. but do the job well.

Thanks,

Rick

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
blueskyfarm

2008-01-12          150182

I've had a DF254 with a DF loader for almost 2 years and over 200 hours and I think is one of my best investments. I destroyed the clutch and Zephyr Farms (http://www.zkftractors.com) rebuilt it for me and it's like new. I have to take full credit for destroyimg the clutch and no blame should go to DongFeng. I had originally purchased it with turf tires and I would pop the clutch too often to get a running start when trying to use it as a bulldozer, which it was now designed for. Since Chuck at Zephyr rebuilt the clutch (kindly repremanded me) and put ag tires with wheel weights it just pushes like the bulldog it is. I think a hydrostatic trans would be nice in some instances, but the additional cost and related complexity made me steer away from it. The loader itself has issues so I would recommend the Koyker brand if you get a DF tractor.

Steve

View my Photos
chipuren

2008-01-13          150196

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNYS | view 82403
Looking to buy , gets more confusing the more research I do,How long have these tractors been in America? will they stillbe in U.S. 5-10 yrs from now when I need parts and service. The savings are huge but if they don't exist 5yrs later is it worth the chanceRon

Ron, Well its been almost 4 years since your question. since someone else reactivated this thread, I thought I'd chime in that both tractors, and parts are still available in the USA... ....

View my Photos
JimRichey

2009-12-14          167492

Just thought I would let you know that I have a DF 354 that I have been using since 2003 (almost 500 hours). It's been a great little tractor. Biggest issue was reacing the clutch plate that wore out at approx. 400 hrs.
Thought I had to break the tractor in half to do it (heavy work) it was very, very simple to do. It was the first time I had ever done anything like that and was quite fun to do. Other than that nothing much has ever went wrong with it. The electronics and lights are typical cheap chineese stuff. But I keep fiddling with them and they keep working! I get my oil and fuel filters from Eagle Tractors in Kentucky. They also sold me the new clutch plate I installed. ....

View my Photos
bradekhoff

2010-04-09          169872

Hey Jim, I too have a DF 354. I need to do the clutch also and the 4x4 is inoperative. I am a decent mechanic but have never done a clutch on a tractor. You said it was easy. Any pointers would be helpful! You can call or email me. 505-688-0700 or bradekhoff60@comcast.net. I thank you in advance. BTW I'm in NM ....

View my Photos
skidder

2010-12-27          175992

Hi Mark
We have a new DF 354-G2 W/4-1 loader. Do you have a filter cross reference for the oem to Wix or NAPA. The oem # are Fuel CX0708T, oil JX0810, Hyd YX0811A, Air KW 1025. We have about 10 hrs on it now all is go. How is your tractor doing?

thanks John

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-28          175995

Don't know if this is relevant but a local guy imports tractors from China. His specs say ag tread and if you want turfs it's something like $700 extra. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-12-29          176017

This applies to more than a brand or just Chinese tractors but it is a shame to buy a product and there is no support for it with parts. Had it to happen 25 years back with a RCA CB and knew then that company had problems. Not sure that major brand is even owned by anyone now. If so certainly just a label (my guess). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login