Go Bottom Go Bottom

taishan tractor with kelley dl200a front loader

View my Photos
bemike61
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-21          153159

greg or anyone who can help. i need to know how to get air out of this loader, i had to disconnect hydraulic line to put in new clutch. this loader pump is driven by the front engine crank.

also on the rear lifter box, the dipstick is broken or missing. how do i know the amount of oil to add since i drained it all out and put in fresh. can i visually look down in hole to a certain point. can you over fill any of these hyd units.

thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-21          153161

As far as air in the loader system, unless you have some extraordinary piston seals, the air will bleed itself off with normal use. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-21          153164

Unless you have the external (spin-on) hydraulic filter, the vented fill plug effectively makes the system self-bleeding. I clean mine out with solvent and compressed air at least once a year.

If someone replaced the vented fill plug with some other threaded device, that might prevent venting. No venting, no self-bleeding.

That vented fill plug should also have a short dipstick attached. If not, it's possibly lying in the bottom of the sump. Until you can get a replacement though, you can use your little finger. If/when fluid touches the fingertip, that's full enough.

If you actually get a proper dipstick for it, it's likely going to only have one line - about half an inch up from the bottom of the stick. That's the full mark. You don't screw the plug when checking levels, just rest it on the hold. If/when there's no fluid on the stick, that's time to top up (but only to the line).

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2008-04-22          153175

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 153164
Unless you have the external (spin-on) hydraulic filter, the vented fill plug effectively makes the system self-bleeding. I clean mine out with solvent and compressed air at least once a year.If someone replaced the vented fill plug with some other threaded device, that might prevent venting. No venting, no self-bleeding. That vented fill plug should also have a short dipstick attached. If not, it's possibly lying in the bottom of the sump. Until you can get a replacement though, you can use your little finger. If/when fluid touches the fingertip, that's full enough.If you actually get a proper dipstick for it, it's likely going to only have one line - about half an inch up from the bottom of the stick. That's the full mark. You don't screw the plug when checking levels, just rest it on the hold. If/when there's no fluid on the stick, that's time to top up (but only to the line).//greg//
i do have a spin on filter under my seat by my left leg when sitting down that hose runs over to the front pump.
as for the vented dipstick i dont see a hole of any sorts that would let air out. there is a bigger tread plug that i can unscrew and stick my finger in, under the seat is this where i could check the fluid level.

thanks

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-04-22          153178

Blockage has been reported on units with the external filters. Try unscrewing the spin-on slightly to let air escape while exercising the loader cylinders.

You typically have to slide the seat forward to get at the hydraulic fluid fill/vent plug. The vent holes are not obvious, usually half a dozen small ones around the circumference. And once this fill/vent is removed, the dipstick should be attached. And yes - without the little dipstick - your little finger will have to do

//greg//

View my Photos
bemike61

2008-04-22          153182

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 153178
Blockage has been reported on units with the external filters. Try unscrewing the spin-on slightly to let air escape while exercising the loader cylinders.You typically have to slide the seat forward to get at the hydraulic fluid fill/vent plug. The vent holes are not obvious, usually half a dozen small ones around the circumference. And once this fill/vent is removed, the dipstick should be attached. And yes - without the little dipstick - your little finger will have to do//greg//
i will give that a try. do you know how i would get a new filter, is it just a normal car oil filter or do i need to match it up at parts store. as for the lifter box my seat flips forward allowing access to the fill hole.
thanks

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-04-22          153183

Assuming it's on the suction side of the pump, technically it's a strainer (let's say 100-140 microns). Filters (let's say 10-25 microns) would be on the pressure side. Reason? Larger holes permit more flow which in turn prevents pump cavitation and dead-heading. Strainers just catch the big chunks.

It's been said the spin-on strainer Northern Tools sells is compatible. Otherwise you should be able to take your OE to NAPA and ask for an aftermarket strainer to match.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2008-04-23          153204

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 153183
Assuming it's on the suction side of the pump, technically it's a strainer (let's say 100-140 microns). Filters (let's say 10-25 microns) would be on the pressure side. Reason? Larger holes permit more flow which in turn prevents pump cavitation and dead-heading. Strainers just catch the big chunks.It's been said the spin-on strainer Northern Tools sells is compatible. Otherwise you should be able to take your OE to NAPA and ask for an aftermarket strainer to match.//greg//
i was able to find new filter it installs on the suction side. the arrows on top of assembly point in the direction of the liter box. there is a allen head screw above filter to let you bleed off air, which i did after adding oil to i have not used this loader or rear lift for long periods of time due to the wet weather. but tues after the filter change i decided to grade some dirt around the yard. everything was fine until about 40 minutes into the job and none of the hydraulics would lift the loader or the rear grader box, so i was able to get the tractor in out of the weather.
today i checked fluids and for air in the system, it all seemed ok and was working.
today the same thing after about 40 minutes of grading all the hydraulics stopped working. i did not see any leaks. i know thw hydraulics get hot, but the filter was too hot to touch, is this normal.

do you have any sugguestions that i can try.
thanks

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-04-23          153205

Something does not compute. If it were a suction filter housing, the arrow should point toward the PUMP. Clarification please; what year and model TaiShan please? and what manufacturer and model of replacement spin-on did you install?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2008-04-24          153214

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 153205
Something does not compute. If it were a suction filter housing, the arrow should point toward the PUMP. Clarification please; what year and model TaiShan please? and what manufacturer and model of replacement spin-on did you install?//greg//
greg its a 1986 taishan ts-304a 4wd with sd2100 2cylinder diesel, front loader kelley dl2000a quick-tach loader.

the new filter has the same number as the old one # 85259 fram hydraulic filter. the filter is by my left leg sitting down arrow on housing pointing to lifter assembly box ,line comes out by my right leg and goes to the loader valve assembley, two lines {in/out} go to silver box middle of tractor its about 4"x4" and 2" thick , there two line go to power steering, another line goes to front engine crankshaft pump,another line goes back to the filter by my left leg. then theres the large looks like 1 1/2 diameter line from bottom of tractor rear end area goes right to front pump.
i have not been on tractor yet today to see what it will do, but i will be watching how long it takes before it starts to act up.

if the front loader does not work should the rear lift still work anyway. i did not think that they would effect each other.

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-04-24          153215

OK, that's 20 years older than mine - and a completely different engine. So I'm wingin' it here. Mine has no external spin-on, instead using an inline 80x80 brass mesh inside a flow-through housing that's bolted to the side of the lift box. I only clean or replace the wire screen itself. So I'm wondering if this spin-on rig wasn't an aftermarket addition. That could explain why the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction.

I can't find a FRAM with that number, but CarQuest has an 85259. It crosses to a Wix 51259, which is spec'd as a 10 micron transmission filter, so that may explain part of your problem - flow restriction. So the first thing I'd try is replacing that filter with a strainer. Contact Northern to verify if their replacement strainers have the right thread count and diameter. The 149 micron replacement spin-on suction side strainer is their part #4015. If you're actually on the RETURN side, they also have 20gpm and 35gpm replacement spin-on filters. Both almost certainly present less restriction than your current filter.

That silver box you describe is almost certainly the divertor/priority valve. It's on the pressure side of the pump. Track the line from the box back to the pump. The line on the OTHER side of the pump will be the supply.

If in fact flow restriction IS your problem, then I would think ALL hydraulics would show degraded performance.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2008-05-01          153379

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 153215
OK, that's 20 years older than mine - and a completely different engine. So I'm wingin' it here. Mine has no external spin-on, instead using an inline 80x80 brass mesh inside a flow-through housing that's bolted to the side of the lift box. I only clean or replace the wire screen itself. So I'm wondering if this spin-on rig wasn't an aftermarket addition. That could explain why the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction.I can't find a FRAM with that number, but CarQuest has an 85259. It crosses to a Wix 51259, which is spec'd as a 10 micron transmission filter, so that may explain part of your problem - flow restriction. So the first thing I'd try is replacing that filter with a strainer. Contact Northern to verify if their replacement strainers have the right thread count and diameter. The 149 micron replacement spin-on suction side strainer is their part #4015. If you're actually on the RETURN side, they also have 20gpm and 35gpm replacement spin-on filters. Both almost certainly present less restriction than your current filter.That silver box you describe is almost certainly the divertor/priority valve. It's on the pressure side of the pump. Track the line from the box back to the pump. The line on the OTHER side of the pump will be the supply.If in fact flow restriction IS your problem, then I would think ALL hydraulics would show degraded performance.//greg//
greg it took some looking but i found a filter 25 microns with 20 gpm spin on type mount. i have not had dry weather to use it very long but i have noticed a great improvement in the lift already. i will let you know if anything develops in the future.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login