Go Bottom Go Bottom

ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews Buying Info

View my Photos
Braxton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-04          31566

Looking for info on a Zetor 2040 Zebra 4wd 20 hp. Know nothing about them other than Zetor. Came across one and very curious.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-09-04          31573

Braxton, I guess it depends on what you want to know. If you go to a search engine such as http://www.google.com and search for Zetor tractors, you'll find more than you want to take the time to read. If I remember right, they've been made in Czechoslovakia for about 50 years, supposedly built some of the John Deere tractors for Deere at one time, and I know where there are several dealers for them within a couple of hundred miles of me, but don't know anyone personally who owns one. Nice looking tractors and the only one I've been on (or in) was a cab model with good air-conditioning. Gear transmission only available. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2005-05-30          111741

Hi! I used to work at a Zetor dealer, and we had 2 Zebra 2040, one of which is now mine. They are neat little tractors. We used to rent one out with a 48 inch roto-tiller on the back. We also used to use them on big PTO powered grain augers. Mine has a KwikWay loader on the front. I haven't gotten any other attachments for it yet, but I might get a finish mower for it. What info are you looking for? I'm at work, so I'll list what I know, but I can look up most anything, as I have the books for it.

They were not made by Zetor, only sold through Zetor dealers. The 2 that I have seen do not say Zetor on them anywhere. I can’t remember how to spell the name of the Czech company that actually built them.

25 net HP, about 20 at the draw bar and 23 at the PTO
Air cooled 2 cylinder diesel
2.5 GPM hydraulic pump
4WD of course, with mechanically locking front diff
Cat 1N 3 point hitch
12 volt electrical system, with headlights, tail, brake and turn signals
3 speed tranny, with hi and lo aux. tranny, for 6 forward and 3 reverse speeds, as well as 3 PTO speeds.
No aux hydraulics

Mine has power steering thanks to a KwikWay power steering kit, sold as an accessory to the loader. My loader uses it's own hydraulic pump mounted to the front of the engine.

I'm working on making a web site for them, as I have found very little info on them on the web.

The dealer I worked for still has one for sale.

Please ask any other questions that you may still have. I know it's been a while since you posted but I just found this site.

Brian

View my Photos
spyrock

2005-07-01          112993

Hello Brian: I just got found this web site and am new. I have a 2040 Zebra and have worked it for about 5 or 6 years. I use it to bush hog mostly. I had the engine overhauled two years ago and got some info such as a manual from a Zetor dealer in Morrilton Arkansas. Question: How do I select speed of PTO. On thing of interest I have learned is that if you are digging post holes and your auger hangs up, you can reverse the direction of the auger. Do you know where I might get a parts manual? I have a parts listing for the engine, but not the rest of the tractor. Thanks. Bill from Arkansas. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2005-07-01          113000

Hi Bill!

I have access to a parts manual that covers the whole tractor. I can either make a photo copy, and mail it to you, or I might be able to digitize it and e-mail it to you. You would have to pay the postage to mail the hard copy. I can get you the parts manual, the service manula and the owners manual.

I believe you can set the PTO speed by using the same lever that you use to reverse it. You know you have your 1-2-3 speed lever, and then your Lo-Reverse-Hi lever. You can use the PTO with the range lever in either Lo or Hi, to get the 540 or 1000 rpm PTO speeds.

Hope that helps. I'll double check that information when I get the manuals for you.

Brian ....

View my Photos
spyrock

2005-07-01          113001

I will pay postage. Please let me know how much and where to send check. ....

View my Photos
tijerasbinka

2006-06-03          130353

Brian

I just picked up a Zetor Zebra 2040 with a mower, box blade, and post hole digger. It is a fun little machine! I'm amazed at how stable it is. I'd like to add a front end loader. Could you tell me what model your KwikWay loader is? Also, could you tell me how it is mounted? Do you have any pictures of it that you could send?

Also, I would really like to get a copy of the manual you were referring to. I would prefer the electronic copy but I'll pay for postage to ship, if needed.

thanks! Peter from New Mexico ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2006-06-04          130414

I will see if I can't get those manuals scanned in sometime in the next couple days.

I'll have to take the camera out to get photos of the loader mount, but it had brackets that bolt to the sides of the engine, and the tops of the front axle. The front fenders come off. There is also a cross tube that runs under the tractor right infront of the pivot point. It is a model 45-18910. They stopped making it 9 or 10 years ago, but the 45 part refers to the loader, and the rest is basically the mounting brackets. The 45 is still made, just not for the Zebra. I have some literature on the loader too, if I can find it, I'll scan it too.

Brian ....

View my Photos
zetor2040

2007-02-27          140056

Looking for a service manual for the zebra 2040 willing to purchase. ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-01-30          150982

anyone know where to get a replacement fuel filter element for these things? i am stumped. thanks ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-01-30          150984

Check with a Baldwin Filter dealer or their website. They have about every filter known to man. Frank. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-01-31          150985

You should be able to get one from a Zetor dealer. I'll look in my parts book and get you the part number. ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-01-31          150986

thanks folks. Baldwin Filter said they don't have it. I have tried a local dealer who deals with AMJAWA for zetor parts. at 1st he said the only thing he could get was the entire fuel filter assembly (#08 305) for something like $35, but not any individual replaceable elements. but when it came down to it, he couldn't even get that from them. hasn't anyone who has one of these tractors replaced a fuel filter recently? there must be a common substitute filter element (I can get a matching oil filter at CarQuest), i just haven't figured it out yet. thanks! ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-02-01          151002

Well, the element is Zetor part number 08 367 and yes, I show the complete fuel filter assembly as part number 08 305.

I plan on scanning my manuals (Owners, Shop and Parts) on Monday. I'll upload them to a site, and link it here. It'll be a PDF. Does the guy from a couple years ago, still want me to mail him a hard copy?

Brian ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-02-01          151007

great, thanks Brian. I have the manuals, but for some reason mine don't list that part... I'll be interested to see copies of your stuff. so you never replaced a fuel filter on yours? ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-02-01          151030

I replaced it about 4 years ago, at the time I got the tractor, and the guy I got it from had the filter on the shelf already. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-02-07          151149

Ok, I finally got my manuals scanned and uploaded. I emailed Zetor about copyright issues, and never heard back from them.

The Owner's Manual is here: http://www.box.net/shared/d1csp734gs

The Shop Manual is here:
http://www.box.net/shared/m7q4ju1hc0

And the Parts Manual is here:
http://www.box.net/shared/jwz1zgdoo0

They are all PDF files. ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-02-07          151160

WOW, thanks man! that is fantastic stuff. by the way, after giving up on local dealers and others I found online, I finally found a friend at the importer/distributor. Chad is the parts manager at AMJAWA - 800-237-9559. he said he didn't have the fuel filter in stock now, but he would pull one from the fuel filter assembly he had and send me that. how cool is that? he said he is expecting another parts shipment from Czech in early April, so get with him now if there is anything you need. 2 more questions for you zebra riders: (1) the manual talks about checking the oil level in the steering column but doesn't say where or how. I see one screw pretty low down on the column - is that the add/drain/check all in one? (2) it also mentions a hydraulic fluid filter, where the heck is that? and one more gem, if you didn't know this already - the oil filter can be substituted for CarQuest 853480R. cheers ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-02-07          151172

I know that the hydraulic filter is located INSIDE the fluid tank. You have to drain the tank, and unscrew it from the bottom.

I'm not sure on the steering box oil, I'll have to look and see.

NAPA can get oil filters too, I just can't remember the number right now. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-02-14          151343

Here is the literature that I got from Kwik-Way on a couple of implements that they used to make for the 2040. The no longer make anything for the 2040. They do still make the loader, but not the mounts. The same loader fits many different tractors, using different mounts. They also made a power steering kit, to go with the loader, but I lost that sheet. If I ever find it, I'll be sure and post it too.

By the way, I got permission from Kwik-Way to publish this info on-line.

Link:   Kwik-Way Implements

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-02-16          151399

Thanks Brian, I think you are reading my mind! Recall I was asking about the hydraulic fluid filter...turns out I wasn't even looking in the right place. I was probing around the hydraulic reservoir of the LOADER and not looking at the tank under the hood that on my machine is labeled "power steering" but which I now see is labeled "hydraulic fluid" in the manuals you sent referring to the stock machine. So, like you, I have the factory loader and power steering kit. And now I have even more questions (thanks for your patience): (1) does the loader hydraulic reservoir/system have its own filter? I can't find anything. (2) does the PAS reservoir still have a filter in the bottom of the tank? It looks like the EXACT same tank as the one in the manual for hydraulic. (3) I wonder which one feeds the 3-pt lift? I am sure it is the under-hood hydraulic reservoir in the unmodified stock tractor, but with the factory mods you and I have (loader, PS), is the 3-pt now the run off the loader reservoir, or the PAS? I know, I have to get out there and follow some hoses around and learn this stuff for myself… By the way, I got my new fuel filter and - wow - what an improvement in all around performance! It cost $30 with shipping, but it was worth it. cheers ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-02-17          151422

Just to clarify, the loader and power steering are NOT factory options, these are after market implements.

1) As far as I know, the loader system does NOT have a filter.

2) The PAS reservoir does have a filter in the bottom, and is the tank under the hood, referred to in the manual as the hydraulic tank.

3) The 3-pt is feed by the PAS or hydraulic tank under the hood, as is the power steering. The only thing on the loader system should be the loader it's self.

The power steering will tie into the PAS (or tractor hydraulic system) right near the 3-pt lever. You can follow the hoses down from the steering wheel, and see where there is a Tee in the line going into the valve that the 3-pt lever mounts on. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2008-04-22          153173

Greetings!

I finally found the pictures that I took of my Zebra with the Kwik Way loader and power steering on it.

I regret to say, that I no longer own this tractor. I just couldn't afford to make the payments, so I gave it back to the dealer. He has since sold it to someone else. He does however have another 2040 without loader or PS, that I am going to try and get from him.

Picture Link
Articulated Tractors ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews Buying Info

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-04-22          153174

very nice! sorry you had to give her up. my loader looks just like that one, except the shape of the bucket. it has decent lift to it, given its size. I just need to get a little more weight on my rear to take full advantage of it. if I try to load the loader heavily, the front will sink and the rear rise up. normally that is not a big deal, just lower the load and dump a little. but on an articulated tractor, when the rear comes up and swings around sideways with you on, it can get your adrenalin pumping! cheers ....

View my Photos
flathead

2008-11-01          157607

i would like to get manuals for my 2040 zetor, i also need to repair or replace my starter please call me if you can at 970 554 1627. i dont use the computer much ....

View my Photos
c37579

2008-11-17          157946

I just came across a Zebra 2040. I bought it primarily for the attachments, but being mechanical the challenge of getting this thing fired up interested me. I have since been able to start it after the previous owner let it sit for years. there are a couple of things I'm trying to find. One is an operators manual so I can figure out what everything does without casualties, and second I need some steering components. The previous owner managed to sheer the steering shaft. Any help would be appreciated. ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2008-11-17          157949

email me at zippelk@yahoo.com and I will send you the owner's manual, parts manual, and shop manual. the steering shaft is sheered? i recently sheered a spring/roll pin on my steering shaft, but it's a common part you can get at any parts store. ....

View my Photos
oldchevyguy

2009-02-14          160314

Its true you can find it on the internet.These are all old posts I hope you guys still have your zebra's.My dad and I have one of these tractors that we have had here it seems like it must be almost twenty years.They must be good machines as this one has thousands of hours on it and I'm ashamed to say has not been mantained well at all and in spite of that still runs like crazy and tows and drags stuff around here like nobodys buisness.Its kind of had the crap kicked out of it but won't die.Its having a couple of issues now that are starting to plage it that I will need to find a parts supplyer to remidy. First the coupling for the loader pump is getting all worn out where the shafts go in at the pump side the slot for the keyway is all beat out and doesnot fit the pump shaft tight any more. the spline at the other end is sloppy too and probably needs the part that bolts on the motor pulley too. The other issue is the clutch,when the tractor gets heated up it doesent want to release well making the tractor hard to stop and shift between foward and reverse.Why is this?It seems like as the disk wears out there would be more clearence and it would slip and not bind. there is no travel left to adjust out of the cable. So the bottom line is I need a parts suppier so I can keep this machine going for a few more years. Thanks for any input! ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2009-02-14          160320

Chad is the parts manager at AMJAWA - 800-237-9559. he says they have all Zebra parts. good luck ....

View my Photos
BadgerPE

2009-02-16          160371

Wisconsin Engineering (who basically manufactured the Zebra for Zetor) is still making them- under the W4000 name- in the Czech Republic. Neat little machine and incredibly durable.

I can still get parts from them- even for the Slavia engine (these were the 2 cyl. air cooled engines that they came with).

I can even get new units for those who are intersted.

sales@BadgerPE.com ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
spyrock

2009-02-16          160375

Brian: We discussed manuals a few years back. I found where you had posted the manuals and have downloaded them! Great stuff! Thanks again. Bill ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2009-02-16          160387

Glad I could help! :) ....

View my Photos
BadgerPE

2009-02-16          160391

www.wisconsineng.cz has a spare parts and operators manual for the "updated" version of the zebra if that helps anyone- there are some differences, but it's still very similar. The engine is now a Lombardini, but I do know people there and can get parts for the old 2 cyl air cooled diesel they were using.
info@badgerpe.com ....

View my Photos
mert510

2009-03-21          161304

I am in need of the shaft which drives the hydraulic pump and was wondering if anyone had access to the shop and parts manuals for the Zebra 3520. Great little tractor until I loaned it out once too often. :( ....

View my Photos
c37579

2009-03-23          161323

Mert510
Whats your email? ....

View my Photos
mert510

2009-03-23          161329

C37579

My email is: cmgood8361@gmail.com.

Thank you for the reply!

Chris. ....

View my Photos
mert510

2009-03-23          161331

Paul:

Thanks for the assistance but I need manuals and/or parts for a 3520. The systems for the 2040 are completely different. I'm going to be giving a call to Chad at AMJAWA today and keeping my fingers crossed. BTW, I live near ElDorado. Thanks again.

Chris. ....

View my Photos
c37579

2009-11-18          166920

Redlance,
I have a Zebra 2040 that is equipped with a loader frame and I have the loader. What I do not have is the accessory pump or mounting bracket you have mentioned in one of your replies. How would I be able to get a picture of that setup? Any idea on where to get one of these pumps with the mounting hardware? ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2009-11-18          166922

i would ask kwik-way, the manufacturer of the original http://www.kwmanufacturing.com/prod_load.htm. maybe also ask supplier of Zetor Parts 800-237-9559 ask for Chad. ....

View my Photos
oldchevyguy

2009-11-18          166932

I needed parts for my loader on my 2040 and the people at quickway were more than helpful. They had the parts I needed and shipped them right away. Also they were very friendly and extremly helpful. I needed the coupling that connected the pump to the front of the engine.I have that loader on that tractor so if you still need pictures I could E-mail you some but it wouldnt be till the weekend when I could take them in the daylight. Its dark when I get home at night.Marlene@kwmanufacturing.com is who I spoke with. Good luck and let me know if you need some picture and what you need to see in them. Frank ....

View my Photos
c37579

2009-11-19          166936

Thanks Frank. Some pictures would really be helpful. I'm trying to see how the pump is attached to the front of the tractor and to the engine. Also curious to see how the hydraulic line from the bucket attaches to the pump. If its not to much trouble a third picture of how the loader mounts to its frame. It looks like there is very little room for the attaching bolts. Do you have power steering on yours?
My email is pdyncera@cessna.textron.com
Thanks. ....

View my Photos
ArmyGuy

2010-02-05          168397

Hi, just joined the discussion. I recently bought a Zebra 3520 & was wondering if you found those operator and parts manuals you were looking for, as I have not been able to find any. If you could point me in the right direction, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks. ....

View my Photos
spyrock

2010-02-06          168417

ArmyGuy you might check with Mert510 about the info you were looking for. Mert510 has made 3 posts for info on the same machine you have. Spyrock ....

View my Photos
ArmyGuy

2010-02-07          168458

Quote:
Originally Posted by mert510 | view 161304
I am in need of the shaft which drives the hydraulic pump and was wondering if anyone had access to the shop and parts manuals for the Zebra 3520.Great little tractor until I loaned it out once too often. :(

Mert510,

Did you have any luck finding manuals for a 3520? I also need manuals, as I recently bought a 1995 3520, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is ben.walters@us.army.mil. Thanks.

ArmyGuy

View my Photos
mert510

2010-02-08          168466

Sorry. I never did receive any manuals; neither could I find parts. I ended up "lathing" my replacement part.

Mert510 ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2010-03-23          169464

what's up with Zebra parts? is American Jawa closed? the phone seems to be disconnected. my 'local' Zetor dealer says he can't get Zebra parts. any leads? thanks! ....

View my Photos
oldchevyguy

2010-03-23          169469

Ive been getting and or pricing parts through Robert Olmr at Badger Power Equipment his E mail is robertolmr@badgerpe.com
He was able to get pretty much anything and he even sent me a parts catalog via pdf file. ....

View my Photos
crankey

2010-07-16          172330

I am looking for a copy of the wireing diagram for the 2040. my brother in law needs it to wire the starter for his machine. Machine is in Blackstone Ma. Any help appreciated. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
oldchevyguy

2010-07-18          172359

I don't have a diagram But I see your in RI I live in Foster if you wanted to come look at my tractor or take pictures your welcome to. You can e mail me at flgencontr@aol.com and we could set something up. ....

View my Photos
spyrock

2010-07-18          172369

Here is the site for the parts manual. (http://www.box.net/shared/jwz1zgdoo0

The wiring diagram should be in it. Please let me know if you find the starter section as I need the same thing. I had some work done on the engine and it was not wired back correctly. Spyrock ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2010-07-18          172380

Here is the Shop Manual: http://www.box.net/shared/m7q4ju1hc0 it has the wiring diagram, the parts manual does not. ....

Link:   Zebra 2040 Shop Manual

View my Photos
crankey

2010-07-19          172396

Thanks for the info. glad to be able to have this manual, CRANKEY ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
zetorzip

2010-07-23          172522

Hi guys, I need some help. Somebody babysitting my 2 year old let him pack mud into my Zebra's key switch. Nice :(. Anyway, I was taking it apart to clean it out, and of course... SPROING... parts a flying. I got everything cleaned up nice, but I am hoping a kind soul here will take a look at their own key switch and tell me how to get it back together. Please take a look at the photo here http://www.amphibianark.org/Kevin/switch.jpg (sorry about the funky link) and tell me 2 things: (1) how should the floating gold triangle piece be oriented against the back as the housing is closed (there are actually 6 different ways it can go on the rotating shaft!), and (2) how should the front of the housing be oriented to the back as they are closed (there are 4 possible combinations based on the 4 locking tabs, e.g., "1" is up on the front, "PAL" is down on the back). Sorry for the hassle, and thanks a million to anyone who is willing to look at this for me. cheers, kcz ....

Picture Link
Articulated Tractors ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews Buying Info

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-07-23          172524

Zip;
I really wish I could help, but I'm afraid the more I told you the worse things would get.
I'm not laughing at your situation but it sure reminds me of a LONG time ago when one of our kids was playing in our 60 sometning Chevelle and broke the turn signal handle off. No problem I assured the Mrs. I'll get a new switch and repalce it. OK, after getting the steering wheel off with a puller I had to borrow and as you said "Kersprong", gizmos flying out all over, just replace the switch, yep. A couple hours later and asking for help it was done. No more kids playing in the Chevelle. I wouldn't even want to know how to replace one today that controls the signals and a lot of other things too.
Someone here can likely help you out just not me.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
oldchevyguy

2010-07-23          172532

I dont know how to fix that switch either but I'll tell you this, the switch and the starter button were both tired and failing on our tractor and I wound up putting an ignition switck out of one of our old chevy pickups on instead. It fit in the dash hole and it works the balls. Now I just start it with the key. It was a pre 72 dash mount. If you dont happen to have an old chevy truck in your back pocket LOL a good parts store will have an aftermarket ignition switch with a key.Just my two cents, good luck. ....

View my Photos
zebra1

2010-08-09          172939

Hello I have a zebra on the side of the hood it says zetor zebra 2040 I really need a copy of your manual will pay for copying and mailing do you know what the fuel filter no is and does wix or someone make a replacement ? ....

View my Photos
spyrock

2010-08-09          172961

The fuel filter number is 69913 and cost $10.73 in 1999 from I-40 Implement Sales, Parts, and Service, P.O. Bx 437, Morrilton, Ar. This is a Zetor dealer. I also got oil filters, 99999 at the same time. They were $17.49. The telephone number for the business is, 501-354-1800. I also bought an operators manual, 109962 for $18.59. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2010-08-09          172971

If you really still need the manual in hard copy, I can try to find time to "publish" it for you. If you download the manual from the above link, you should be able to print it on your own.

Let me know.

Brian ....

View my Photos
BadgerPE

2010-08-16          173193

www.wisconsineng.cz should have the info you're looking for. Click on the British flag for the english version of the website and then go to utility tractor, W4000.

View my Photos
zetorzip

2010-08-16          173194

WOW, haha! the Zebra is reborn! that is funny. hey, what length lift arms do you guys have? mine came with 2 pair, 1 is about 18" ball-ball and the other about 34". the PTO shafts on my implements were all too long for the short arms and too short for the long arms. what do you guys got? most toys (like hog and tiller) i want close and under control so i cut their shafts down to use with the shorter arms. but for the hoe, i need a little distance so i use the longer arms, and even then the 2 seats are often bumping. just wondering what yall do. ....

View my Photos
roscoe

2010-11-08          174994

I am in need of the 2040 manual.
Can you please let me know how much?
louis_benke@techenergy.com ....

View my Photos
Dkelley

2010-12-23          175917

I just got a zebra 2040 and need the manuals for it would very much appricate if you could send or mail me a copy will gladly pay postage.

Thanks in advance ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2010-12-24          175938

Half way down page 2 of this thread you will find links to all the manuals for the 2040. They are PDF's that I posted some time ago.

Enjoy

Brian ....

View my Photos
spyrock

2010-12-25          175942

Check the previous pages to past posts. Other members have put info on how to get the items. Most can be downloaded to you. Just go to page one and progress thru the pages until you find the answer to your question. New posts show up on the last page. If you have any problems, let me knowe!! ....

View my Photos
GCGRIMES

2011-04-12          177928

Noticed you have a Zetor 2040 and used to work for a Zetor dealer. I need to sell my tractor and wondering what it might be worth. Belonged to my husband who passed away Oct. 2010.Appreciate a reply.
You live in Crete, Ne. and I live in Milford, Ne. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2011-04-12          177930

Well, does it have any attachment's? How many hours does it have on it? Do you know who your husband bought it from? I might know the very same tractor...

Brian ....

View my Photos
GCGRIMES

2011-04-12          177932

The tractor has a loader - Model No. 45-18910, a blade and a winter cover. He also has the owner's manual and parts manual. Purchased it from Bentzinger in Martell, Ne. in 2007.I don't know the hours on it, but can get that. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2011-04-12          177933

I do know that tractor. I mounted the loader on it and had to fabricate some parts for the hydraulic pump. Before it had the loader on it, Bentzinger tried to sell it on his consignment sale but the bidding didn't even get to $1000, so he said no sale. I can try and do some research to find out what it might be worth today...but I'm guessing it won't be much. It's kind of a unique tractor. ....

View my Photos
GCGRIMES

2011-04-12          177934

I've been doing some research as well and found a dealer at Wood River, NE. - Fairbanks Farm Equipment. They emailed me saying it was probably worth $1000.00 to $2000.00. Thanks for any help you can give me. Appreciate it. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2011-04-12          177935

I would be interested in purchasing it. That is the tractor that I used to own. Back then, I was making payments to Bentzinger and fell behind so I had to give it back to him. Please let me know what you feel is a fair price. ....

View my Photos
GCGRIMES

2011-04-12          177937

What would you offer for the tractor with loader, blade and winter cover - including the owner's and parts manuals?? ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2011-04-12          177940

Well, I can't make an honest offer with out taking a look at it. I haven't seen it in years after all. When could I come take a look?

Thanks!
Brian ....

View my Photos
GCGRIMES

2011-04-12          177941

Would this Friday work? My brother is coming out from Lincoln around 9am to go thru some things and we'll be working most of the day. Give me a call tomorrow and we can set up a time.
402-641-4164 ....

View my Photos
spyrock

2011-06-15          179020

I tried the email address and it appears it is not good. Do you have anything else on this parts place?? You can email me at: bbutl@aol.com. Any help you might have on getting parts such as starters and solenoids would be helpful. ....

View my Photos
oldchevyguy

2012-12-21          185754

Hey does anybody have a current contact to get parts for these tractors? I was getting stuff a couple of years ago from a guy named Robert olhm but his contact info dosnt work anymore. Any help would be appriciated! ....

View my Photos
zetorz

2013-09-05          187962

Redlance/Brian, thanks for posting the manuals. Did you re-buy the Zebra? I have a very similar tractor with loader. Any suggestions for the best place to find parts these days? ....

View my Photos
huntedman2

2014-03-28          189822

I am thinking of buying a Zebra 3520. Do you have a manual for it? or any advice? Thanks! Danny in SC ....

View my Photos
huntedman2

2014-03-28          189823

Also, Can anyone provide an estimated value for a Zetor Zebra 3520 in good condition with low hours? Thanks in advance! ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2014-04-01          189885

No, I have not yet re-bought the Zebra. They were keeping it to do maintenance work around some apartments. I hope they still have my number, I would still very much like to re-buy it.

I did notice another Zebra 2040, here in my town. It is the other one from the dealer I used to work at. It has no loader, and all terrain truck tires instead of the usual tractor tires. I sort of know they guy who owns it too, maybe I can buy that one too.

I have no good source for parts. I think I may still be able to get a hold of manuals. I'll have to check. There is also currently a Zetor 3320 with Westerndorf TA26 loader at a used car lot here in town. The loader raises slowly, but the tractor only shows 800 hours. He wants $7000 for it. It's much larger then the 2040 though, and only 2 wheel drive. ....

View my Photos
zetorz

2014-04-02          189890

According to several dealers I contacted! the zetor zebra 2040 is not a "real" zetor but another chech import . A pretty neat little tractor nevertheless.

I was able to find most manuals online or via this forum... Thanks RL and others. Also got info and a manual on the loader.. No longer made, but some replacement parts still available.

I was able to get parts from Wisconsin engineering, a chech firm which still markets a very closely related tractor. With a bit of persistence you can probably find what you need to keep it going. ....

View my Photos
jschrec40

2014-04-15          190077

Could you please give me your contact info at Wisconsin engineering.
Thinking about buying a 2040 but want to make sure some parts are still available. Filters, clutch etc ....

View my Photos
wisconsinengineering

2014-08-13          190905

www.wisconsineng.cz

They're still selling articulated tractors and may be able to get spare parts for other brands as well. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
wisconsinengineering

2014-08-13          190906

If you follow the link, there's a British flag in the upper right corner that will send you to the English version of the website.

I know at one point they were looking for distributors in the US, but don't know what came of that. ....

View my Photos
wisconsinengineering

2014-08-13          190907

Sorry for all the posts, but I found this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWJUUJyAMc&list=UUkT1J9KowwsFRKS_Afrye_Q

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-13          190910

Wisconsin Engineering seems to just be doing some self promotion here, which we do not normally allow.

But the video has some merit so I will allow the posts to stay. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-18          190932

Interesting. Have never seen one of these. I did notice the operator still had his right hand on the right front post for stability in one shot. Wonder if the rotating of the machine has more movement than the normal front axle does on will same most other tractors. Assume they are four wheel drive since all wheels are same size. kt ....

View my Photos
zetorzip

2014-11-04          191330

anyone know of any current zebra parts dealers? American Jawa is gone. no reply from wisconsin engineering. bummer. ....

View my Photos
taskiles

2015-02-21          192179

Hello, my name is Travis and i'm looking for engine parts
for a 2045 Belarus that has the same motor your 2040 Zebra Zetor has. I saw in one of your post that you overhauled yours. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me were you got your parts. I really want to fix this unit it would work great on our property for food plots and small maintenance. Thank you in advance if your able to help or for just taking the time to reply. ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2015-02-22          192183

-You could try contacting Pete at 402-794-5455

or by mail at: 17700 South 1st Street, Martell, NE 68404

They used to be a Zetor dealer, but the old man who owned it died a few years back so I don't know what they have going on now. I doubt they will have parts for the Zebra 2040, as they only ever sold 2 of those. They might still have connections for parts though. ....

View my Photos
jschrec40

2015-02-22          192185

Travis...i dealt with s company is czech last may. www.rehos.cz
that have everything in stock. ....

View my Photos
zetorz

2015-02-23          192187

The Zetor Zebra 2040 is the predecessor to the Wisconsin Engineering W-4000 Farmer, which is a current product. It apparently is not considered a legitimate product by Zetor which is a major tractor manufacturer in central Curope

Best contacts I found were:
Richard Olmer:

and
Petra Olmrova:

Note above is a workaround for forum rules.

There is a parts catalog for the Zetor Zebra dated 2009, and many parts are still available. I have a copy. Other references can be found on this forum.

BTW, I also gathered some info regarding the Kwikway front end loader.

I don't have a parts catalog for the engine, but would recommend you contact Petra.

Good Luck!

ZetorZ

View my Photos
BadgerPE

2015-03-12          192328

Sorry for all the frustration many of you have been experiencing with the Zebra. Long story short- Wisconsin Engineering bought the company (in approx. 1998) that was making the Zebras for Zetor - in fact, they still manufacture / sell the product on a limited basis. The spare parts list (available online) should cross-reference easily (now called the W4000 Farmer).

I know they still are still working on establishing a distributor here in the US (their markets are primarily overseas and the distributor I had set-up here a few years ago failed miserably to do anything at all). That being said, you can contact them directly via the website if you need something. Otherwise, I can make some calls if you contact me 262.546.0677

View my Photos
zetorzip

2015-03-12          192330

I tried contacting them through their website. I got no reply. Don't ask me how much it costs to have a steering shaft fabricated. :( ....

View my Photos
RedLance

2020-10-01          199724

So...apparently people are still finding this thread, but the links I posted to the manuals are broken.

I'm updating them with this post, I hope they work.

Owner's manual:

https://app.box.com/shared/d1csp734gs

Parts manual:

https://app.box.com/shared/jwz1zgdoo0

Shop manual:

https://app.box.com/shared/m7q4ju1hc0

Kwik-Way loader:

https://app.box.com/shared/8ral7xn48w

Pictures of the loader mounted on the 2040 I used to have:

https://app.box.com/shared/x6t66oq00o ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2020-10-03          199726

Hey thanks for adding the updated links, I checked them and they work fine ! ....

View my Photos
Trfcrx7

2021-01-18          199939

So, it's been 5-6 years since anyone posted contact information for possibly obtaining parts at Wisconsin Engineering.

I sent an email to Petra at Wisconsin Engineering, so we'll see if she replies with a way to order parts. Note that they recently changed their website so that the Farmar W4035 is no longer being sold. If you look hard enough you can still find the parts manual for it on their website.

How are people getting parts, nowadays? Is there somewhere else to get them besides Wisconsin Engineering? Thank you!

Brad. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2021-01-19          199945

Brad, there were quite a few of those machines sold up here in Canada. I know there's still a few places supporting them, both dealerships and big indy places.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Trfcrx7

2021-01-19          199947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 199945
Brad, there were quite a few of those machines sold up here in Canada. I know there's still a few places supporting them, both dealerships and big ind ...

Thanks, so much for the response, Murf. I would feel better if I could find at least one dealer or parts place that could confirm that they can get me a part. Even if the answer is, "Yeah - it takes 6 months and shipping is expensive." I would at least have the hope of getting a part if needed at some point. Ontario is not that far and I would be happy to work with one of the dealers up there.

Any ideas what dealer would be a good one to reach out to? Thanks, again!

Brad. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2021-01-19          199948

The manufacturers website shows the nearest dealer to you is Vande Goor Ag Services, see details below. They are basically due north of Erie PA on the north side of Lake Erie.

If they are of no help try the dealer locator in the Zetor website, zetorna (dot) c o m.

If none of that helps, drop me a line.

VANDE GOOR AG SERVICE
713377 MIDDLETOWNE LINE
N0J1P0 NORWICH

Phone 519-424-3574
Fax 519-424-1866
E-mail office (at) vandegoorag (dot) c o m
Web http://www.vandegoorag (dot) c o m

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Trfcrx7

2021-01-19          199949

Thank you, Murf. I will be cautiously optimistic!

Brad. ....

View my Photos
bfuller1961

2024-02-20          201785

Could you please give me any information on my zebra 2040 PTO. It will go into gear with the lever on the transmission, but does not turn the shaft at the rear. Where do I start to look, at the rear? I don't know nor can find a breakdown on the shafts from the transmission to the rear PTO shaft. I would be thankful for any help.
Thank you,
Barry ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login